Windows 10 compatability

2 posters

Go down

Windows 10 compatability Empty Windows 10 compatability

Post by Roanokecity Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:05 pm

Here at the City of Roanoke we are using K-Lite Coded Pack version 9.4.0. I'm in the planning process of upgrading the cadet's laptops at the Police Academy. Is version 9.4.0 compatible with Windows 10?

Roanokecity

Back to top Go down

Windows 10 compatability Empty Re: Windows 10 compatability

Post by Admin Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:22 am

It should generally work ok, but for full compatibility I would recommend the latest version.

If you are doing an upgrade install from a previous version of Windows, then I recommend to uninstall the pack before the upgrade, and install the latest codec version after the upgrade. The installer detects which Windows it is installed on and uses that information for applying some minor tweaks and fine tuning.
This advice also applies for other software. For best results uninstall things before the upgrade and re-install afterwards. Should be just a little extra effort, but can prevent all kinds of strange issues.

In case you don't know yet, you can use /unattended command line switch on the installer to create a fully customized silent installation. That should make deployment very easy. The uninstaller can also be executed silently by using /verysilent.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum