Codec Guide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sound glitches, cracks and pops

Go down

Sound glitches, cracks and pops Empty Sound glitches, cracks and pops

Post by mourner on Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:18 pm

Hello,

I have this strange problem with playing mkv on my laptop.

I have Asus UX303UB with Connexant smart audio HD.

The problem is like this:

I had a clean Windows 10 installation, installed latest K-Lite Codecs and everything runs perfect. (Mkv playing without sound distortions)
Then i installed Rekordbox, Serato, Traktor software. Checked if mkv plays allright without running of previously mentioned apps - and guess what? It runs fine.

I made system restore checkpoint.

Then i ran Traktor software and connected my external sound card (with Numark Omni Controller), i played a bit with Traktor. After some fun i turned off traktor, plugged out external sound card/controller. Rebooted PC.

I loaded Media Player Classic, loaded MKV and i have this strang sound artifacts, noises, hissess, clicks and pops.
I tested VLCplayer, Allplayer, Best player - all the same problems.
I dont have such problems in Windows Media Player and this native app that comes with Win10 (TV and films i think that's what it's called).

Please help. I want to have clean sound in my MPC-HC.

Best regards,
Mourner

mourner

Back to top Go down

Sound glitches, cracks and pops Empty Re: Sound glitches, cracks and pops

Post by Admin on Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:37 pm

This seems to works for some people with Realtek chipsets:
Control Panel > Power Settings > High performance mode (Minimum processor state = 100%).

Windows 10 does automatic driver updates. Manually re-installing the latest sound driver might help.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum