MP4 files show the wrong icon in Windows Explorer Win7

2 posters

Go down

MP4 files show the wrong icon in Windows Explorer Win7 Empty MP4 files show the wrong icon in Windows Explorer Win7

Post by Ian_AW Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:50 am

G'day,

After installing the latest version of the K-Lite Codec Pack, MP4 files show the treble clef icon as for an audio file.

Setting Explorer to display extra large icons, it turns out the icon is for .ape files.

Looking through the registry, it appears to be using icon 23 from mpciconlib.dll

Is there an error with the mpciconlib.dll file?

Thanks.

Ian_AW

Back to top Go down

MP4 files show the wrong icon in Windows Explorer Win7 Empty Re: MP4 files show the wrong icon in Windows Explorer Win7

Post by Admin Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:12 am

The correct icon index for .mp4 is 3. Re-installing the codec pack should fix all incorrect values.

If the value is corrected in the Registry, but explorer still shows the old icon, then do:
Codec Tweak Tool > Fixes > Clear Windows icon cache

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

MP4 files show the wrong icon in Windows Explorer Win7 Empty Re: MP4 files show the wrong icon in Windows Explorer Win7

Post by Ian_AW Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:17 am

Well, I did both. I upgraded from 11.9.0 to 11.9.6, and to be sure, I did a clear of the Windows Icon Cache, and it has been fixed.

Ian_AW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum