ATTENTION - extreme error since 11.7.0

2 posters

Go down

ATTENTION - extreme error since 11.7.0 Empty ATTENTION - extreme error since 11.7.0

Post by 18Phoenix Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:02 pm

Hello,
first: I'm from Germany, so sorry for my mistakes or if descriptions are different from the english windows.

I'm using the great K-Lite Codecs since years and I never had problems ... until now Sad

I've Windows 7 64bit an Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 as protection.
Everythink works fine till 11.6.5. But then I installed 11.7.0 and the errors came.
(I'm using always the Mega packs)

The first signs that something went wrong are 2 missing little task icons:
the text service to change the language in my case a <DE>
the Windows 10 update sign (GWX)

More errors:
If I check the task scheduler there comes an error.
If I start the download manager JDownloader2, it's says no connection to the internet, but I can surf with all browsers.

I'm sorry, BUT ... the problem MUST come with K-Lite 11.7.0 and newer.
I tried it many times:
If I install version 11.7.0 or 11.7.5 or 11.8.0 and even with the 11.8.4 update then the system is full of errors.
Uninstalling the damaged version and installing 11.6.5 again ... everything is fine.
So the problem is definetly coming with the K-Lite codec pack.

I've seen that there're other posts with the same problem but no solution at all.
In one post somebody reinstalled his system completely new to avoid this very heavy problem.

So please help and fix that. Don't just make update for new codec version but aswell for fixes for the installation.
There must be something very wrong when "playing" with the registrations. That can't be!
Even if another problem or setting leads to that, the errors are definetly set by K-Lite Codecs since 11.7.0 !!!

AGAIN : 11.6.5 ... great .... 11.7.0 an newer ... errors over errors

Please NO excuse, the problem comes with K-Lite codecs.
Perhaps there's only a little setting or whatever, that the most other users don't have or use,
but only K-Lite causes the problems and it should be ashamed to keep this problem unfixed during many updates.

Please fix that and I'll kneel again before that otherwise great pack.
But since 11.7.0 it became useless for me (and other how I read in THIS forum).

18Phoenix

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION - extreme error since 11.7.0 Empty Re: ATTENTION - extreme error since 11.7.0

Post by Admin Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:29 pm

This should fix it:
Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-click and select Run as Administrator
Then run this command:
netsh winsock reset

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION - extreme error since 11.7.0 Empty Re: ATTENTION - extreme error since 11.7.0

Post by 18Phoenix Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:48 am

Thanks for answering.
When I was ready to try this I've seen that 11.8.5 has been released.
I installed that and what should I say: no error
So no chance to try your solution.

18Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum