Mirror 1 - digital-digest.com installs scum with k-lite

2 posters

Go down

Mirror 1 - digital-digest.com installs scum with k-lite Empty Mirror 1 - digital-digest.com installs scum with k-lite

Post by drweb86 Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:23 pm

Hello

Upon downloading from digital-digest.com the K-Lite Codeck Pack there were two buttons for downloading it with same text Download K-Lite Codeck Pack. I clicked first one. It installed bunch of crapware to my machine.

The second mirror worked fine.

Please remove that mirror from your download links because its leaves smell like sourceforge scum installer program or utorrent installer.

Thanks.

drweb86

Back to top Go down

Mirror 1 - digital-digest.com installs scum with k-lite Empty Re: Mirror 1 - digital-digest.com installs scum with k-lite

Post by Admin Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:52 pm

That was an advertisement that you initially clicked on. I will have it blocked. A tip for the future, real download links never use such a big image, and they also usually point to the same domain. You can see where a link points to by hovering your mouse pointer above a link.

You can easily recognize fake files by looking at the filename and file size. Those should always match exactly with the information from our download page.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Mirror 1 - digital-digest.com installs scum with k-lite Empty Re: Mirror 1 - digital-digest.com installs scum with k-lite

Post by drweb86 Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:14 pm

Thanks for the tip. I really didn't think about why size information is given and now i understand it. AdBlock doesn't block it for some reason.

However that ads program can mislead such guys without such ninjutsus knowledge as me... )))

drweb86

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:48 pm

If AdBlock doesn't remove it with its default list, then just at it yourself. Right-click on it and then AdBlock.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by drweb86 Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:04 pm

Thank you.

I also sent that strange misleading ads executable to Avira, hope they will block it and other similar upon downloading.

drweb86

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum