Codec Guide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winamp freezes when closing subtitled video

Go down

Winamp freezes when closing subtitled video Empty Winamp freezes when closing subtitled video

Post by OnlyOne on Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:47 am

Any video with subtitles loaded by VobSub causes Winamp to freeze when I try to close, stop playback or move on to another video.
I've had this problem for probably 5 years now. Before 2008-2009 or so I didn't have this problem. I don't know what happened but I think I individually instlled VobSub when it was already included in KLCP or installed KLCP when I had VobSub individually installed and there was some conflict. This is what my vaguest memory tells me.

OnlyOne

Back to top Go down

Winamp freezes when closing subtitled video Empty Re: Winamp freezes when closing subtitled video

Post by Admin on Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:43 pm

Codec Tweak Tool > Generate Log

That makes a list of all installed codecs. Then you can easily see if an old version of VobSub is installed and where.

You can disable it with this command:
regsvr32 /u "c:\path\to\dvobsub.ax"

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Winamp freezes when closing subtitled video Empty Re: Winamp freezes when closing subtitled video

Post by OnlyOne on Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:30 am

I don't see a single mention of any vobsub in that log and I did select verbose option.
But I did disable Vobsub in the system32 folder. I guess it's all up to ffdshow to display subs for now.

OnlyOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:32 pm

This version of DirectVobSub should work in combination with Winamp.
sendspace.com bzmen7

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum