MPC-HC Video Seeking (Scrubbing) Issues = Fast Speeds and/or Frozen Frames

2 posters

Go down

MPC-HC Video Seeking (Scrubbing) Issues = Fast Speeds and/or Frozen Frames Empty MPC-HC Video Seeking (Scrubbing) Issues = Fast Speeds and/or Frozen Frames

Post by amf0707 Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:01 pm

Hi.. Greetings from San Francisco..

I've been having these 2 problems w / MPC-HC for awhile now..

[1] - When I play a video (in just about all formats) for some reason the player gives me a temporary frozen frame - like the video is "catching up" or something whenever I hit the seek bar further up.

For example - I'll play a WMV video of 4 minutes in length - and if I try to "scrub" on the seek bar to 2 minutes after the start time, the video "freezes" for a few seconds, and then plays at the spot I scrubbed to.

Is there a way to get the player to play at the spot instantly whenever I scrub (seek) to a given spot and not give me a frozen frame temporarily ?

[2] - Also, a lot of times when I scrub (seek) to spot on the seek bar, when the video goes to the spot I hit - it speeds up the playback of the video really fast - (like fast forwarding), instead of playing normally.

Is there a way to get the player to play at a normal speed (and not play super fast) whenever I scrub (seek) to a given spot ?

--> I'm on Windows 7, 64-bit, (K-Lite Version: MEGA - 10.2.0), (MPC-HC Version: 1.7.1.247)
--> I use the LAV Splitter for WMV and MP4 - (in both 32-bit and 64-bit source filters), and Microsoft as the Decoder (Universally).

Maybe there's a setting I'm omitting or I'm not doing correctly ?

Or is this behavior normal with this player ?

When I play videos in WMP, (as a test) - I don't get these issues.

Any tips or help would be appreciated. Thanks.

amf0707

Back to top Go down

MPC-HC Video Seeking (Scrubbing) Issues = Fast Speeds and/or Frozen Frames Empty Re: MPC-HC Video Seeking (Scrubbing) Issues = Fast Speeds and/or Frozen Frames

Post by Admin Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:30 pm

MPC-HC options > Misc > Seek to keyframe
This makes seeking faster, but only if the file has a good index table of keyframes. Not all formats have that. WMV format is well known for its slow seeking.
You should not use the Microsoft decoder. LAV Video decoder is better.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum