K-Lite 10.1.0 Mega - MPC-HC Randomly crashing with video playback

2 posters

Go down

K-Lite 10.1.0 Mega - MPC-HC Randomly crashing with video playback Empty K-Lite 10.1.0 Mega - MPC-HC Randomly crashing with video playback

Post by ProjectZero Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:40 am

Hi all,

Description:

So i was watching an anime and anything was fine until at the credits, MPC-HC crashed. At this point the audio would start having this glitchy sound that gets repeated, this does not stop even after i force close MPC-HC via the win 7 option. To completely stop the glitchy sound, i have to restart the whole computer.

This has also happened to me (once, can't seem to reproduce it) when i was playing Skyrim.

Things i have tried:
The first time (i was actually using K-Lite 10.0.5 Mega at the time) this happened i had some custom settings, thinking that it might have been a bug i upgraded to K-Lite 10.1.0 Mega. This did not fix the problem, but because i had the LAV settings customised, i thought i might have done something wrong. So i reset the settings via the Codec Tweak Tool's "reset" function which did not fix it.

The file i was watching:

Here's the info i got using MediaInfo

Spoiler:

My System:
If you need to know anything else regarding my system please let me know...

Windows 7
16 Gb Ram
Auzentech X Meridian 7.1 (2nd gen, can't remember the actual name)

Misc:

Heres the Error log generated by Windows

Spoiler:

The log generated by Codec Tweak Tool

Spoiler:

If you guys need any more information please let me know, TBH i have no idea about these kinds of things so if i left any crucial info just point me to it and i'll get it asap.

Thanks in Advance,

ProjectZero

ProjectZero

Back to top Go down

K-Lite 10.1.0 Mega - MPC-HC Randomly crashing with video playback Empty Re: K-Lite 10.1.0 Mega - MPC-HC Randomly crashing with video playback

Post by Admin Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:08 pm

Unless the problem is reproducible, there is nothing that can be done about it right now. Based on the symptoms, the crash was most likely triggered by a bug in the sound driver.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

K-Lite 10.1.0 Mega - MPC-HC Randomly crashing with video playback Empty Re: K-Lite 10.1.0 Mega - MPC-HC Randomly crashing with video playback

Post by ProjectZero Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:00 pm

Thanks, I'll see if there are any new drivers for my sound card.

As i can reproduce the problems with the video playback but not with games (i.e. Skyrim) i'll test out the video playback again once i have checked for the drivers.

Thanks!

ProjectZero

ProjectZero

Back to top Go down

Post by ProjectZero Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:08 am

Sorry I can't seem to edit my post when I'm on a tablet... So I do apologize for the double post.

I have finished updating my sound card drivers to the newest one (which is still two years old...) And I am still having this issue... As I said before I can reproduce the problem for video playback only so is there any other ways of fixing this? I never had issues with the older versions but had to update due to some video issues which was fixed with 10.0.5 and 10.1.0.

Cheers

ProjectZero

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:42 pm

Does it happen at the exact same spot each time? If so, at which timecode?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ProjectZero Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:51 am

So for the video that i use to reproduce the issue, it happens during the credits. It is at around the same interval it starts from 22:22 onwards... i think it differs when i restart my comp, sometimes it does it later then 22:22 but if i do not restart the computer, then it will be at the same spot everytime.

ProjectZero

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:28 pm

I was able to reproduce it with the file from your MediaInfo log. It should hopefully get fixed soon by the MPC-HC developers.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ProjectZero Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:48 am

Thank you so much!

ProjectZero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum