Codec Guide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxy glitch problem with video files

Go down

Boxy glitch problem with video files Empty Boxy glitch problem with video files

Post by unholy182000 on Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:48 pm

Hello everyone

I have a boxy glitch problem with different kind of video files(.avi , .mp4 , .mkv) And sometimes on the videos on Hulu.com

I uploaded an example from the film Matrix. I am talking about 'glotchiness' where Neo looks at.This film supposed to be 720p quality.

I am using now K-lite codec pack now before i was using CCCP codec pack with no difference.
I closed all video enhancement things in my video card settings.

Is it a codec problem or is it a problem with the file itself?What do you think?

Boxy glitch problem with video files Untitled

https://2img.net/h/s2.postimg.cc/p5tnkogfd/Untitled.png

unholy182000

Back to top Go down

Boxy glitch problem with video files Empty Re: Boxy glitch problem with video files

Post by Admin on Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:01 pm

That should be a problem with the file itself. 720p is just a resolution, it doesn't say much about the quality. If the bitrate is too low there can still be blocking like this. It is more noticeable in dark areas, so The Matrix is a movie where it will be very obvious.

You should be able to improve the visual quality a bit with some processing tweaks:
1) MPC-HC options > External Filters > add "ffdshow RAW video filter"
2) Double-click on ffdshow to open its settings
3) Enable Deband
4) Enable Postprocessing. Select "Fast SPP deblocking" on that page.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Boxy glitch problem with video files Empty Re: Boxy glitch problem with video files

Post by unholy182000 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:53 pm

Thanks for the answer i tried what you wrote but no improvement Sad

unholy182000

Back to top Go down

Post by Etheroz on Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:28 pm

A good quality 720p movie should be around 4 to 8 gigabytes in size (depends on the duration). If you downloaded something around 2gb or lower, you can expect this kind of macroblocking.

Etheroz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum