Codec Guide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Button suggestions and some confusing issues

Go down

Button suggestions and some confusing issues Empty Button suggestions and some confusing issues

Post by sludge7051-x on Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:14 pm

Great player . . . I have some suggestions
I'm running Win 8 with MPC Version 1.7.0.7805

Get rid of separate Play and Pause buttons
Just have one button that toggles between Play and Pause

Provide the option to make all of the buttons a little bigger

Add a button that lets you toggle the Subtitles on and off

Add a button that lets you Step back - put a Play button in between, as follows:
Step back . . . Play . . . Step forward

Move the Mute and Volume controls to the left with the other buttons
They're too far to the right on a 23" monitor

If you go to:
Help / Check for updates . . . it doesn't do anything

Strange behavior:  When I go to open MPC, it starts maximized
File / Open DVD / Select Folder . . . click that, and by itself, the player goes to 50% in size
The center button on the top right, between minimize and close, is now:  "Restore Down" . . . it goes to 25% . . . why isn't it "Maximize?"
The center button on the top right, between minimize and close, is now:  "Maximize" . . . it goes back to full screen

Some confusing issues:

I had the Media Player Classic installed through the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 9.9.0 . . . version:

I didn't see any way to un-install the Media Player Classic, alone, so that I could then install the current version that I got from the MPC web page, version:
But, this version did not work!  It would not play a DVD.  I had it installed simultaneously with 1.6.8.7123, and all of the codecs from 9.9.0 . . . Plus, it seemed like it was "stand alone."

So I went to get the Mega Codec Pack again.  It said that 10.09 is available, but you get 10.05, and it includes MPC version:

After install, it takes you to a page for an "update," but this time, it looks like it's trying to sell you something, a program that updates your drivers.  I didn't install it.  Can they be clear about what's going on?

sludge7051-x

Back to top Go down

Button suggestions and some confusing issues Empty Re: Button suggestions and some confusing issues

Post by Admin on Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:00 pm

This isn't the place for general suggestions for MPC-HC. This is the correct place:
https://trac.mpc-hc.org/report/9
But you can save yourself he trouble of submitting those button suggestions. I doubt they will be implemented. In fact, I think adding more buttons is a bad idea.

You can toggle subtitles by pressing S.
You can step back by pressing left-arrow. But be aware that it won't work smoothly with most video formats, due to they way those formats work technically, were decoding a frame can depend on previous frames. So multiple frames need to be decoded in order to display a random frame.
You can find keyboard shortcuts for lots of other functions in Options>Player>Keys.

Check for update is disabled deliberately. The codec pack contains a custom build MPC-HC. So there is no point in checking for updates for generic MPC-HC. Plus the version included in the pack is almost always newer that the latest standard build.

10.0.9 of the codec pack with the very latest version of MPC-HC is available here:
http://www.codecguide.com/klcp_update.htm

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Button suggestions and some confusing issues Empty Re: Button suggestions and some confusing issues

Post by sludge7051-x on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:18 am

Very helpful - thank you!

sludge7051-x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum