Codec Guide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot Play DVDs in Vista

Go down

Cannot Play DVDs in Vista Empty Cannot Play DVDs in Vista

Post by gwbm on Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:13 pm

I have installed K-Lite Codec Pack Standard 9.9.5 for Windows Media Player and Media Player Classic on 3 different Vista Computers. On all 3 computers, both Media players will play any video file. However, when I insert a DVD Movie disk in any of the 3 computers, Windows Media Players reports it cannot play DVD Movies, and Media Player Classic reports "opening" then just sits there for ever without progressing further. If I install a third party player e.g. KMPlayer, DVD Movies play normally in the third party player. I have tried the solutions in the FAQ and re-installing the K-Lite package several times without success. Any ideas?

gwbm

Back to top Go down

Cannot Play DVDs in Vista Empty Re: Cannot Play DVDs in Vista

Post by Admin on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:26 pm

I don't have any Vista system nearby to test. You could try selecting ffdshow as MPEG-2 decoder. Or the internal MPEG-2 decoder in Media Player Classic.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gwbm on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:06 am

Thank you - I have already tried ffdshow with no effect on the problem. Yes, I could use Media Player Classic MPEG-2 decoder, but i really want to know what the problem is with the K-Lite codecs. Does any one else (with a Vista system) have any ideas?

gwbm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum