errors loading MPC and problems with subtitles using nVidia Optimus

3 posters

Go down

errors loading MPC and problems with subtitles using nVidia Optimus Empty errors loading MPC and problems with subtitles using nVidia Optimus

Post by menting Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:23 am

I just bought a new ultrabook, the Lenovo U410, which has Intel HD4000 and nVidia 610m with Optimus Technology (auto switch graphics card)
I installed Windows 8, and K-Lite Mega 9.8 as well as tried 9.8.5, but when I try the default settings, when opening a video, it will give me the message Error creating EVR Custom renderer, CreateDevice failed Error code: 0x80070241 DX9AllocationPresenter failed. I tried other renderer settings, and the DX7 ones won't show that error message. However, none of the options will show the subtitles, and the subtitles option is actually greyed out in the menu options.
I went into the bios, and disabled the nVidia Optimus function, so that it will only use the HD4000, and it works fine (no error messages using EVR CP, and subtitles work fine as well)
That makes me believe that it's a problem with support for the nVidia 610m under Windows 8. Is that true? If not, what are the settings that I need to set in order for the 610m to work?

Thanks a lot!

menting

Back to top Go down

errors loading MPC and problems with subtitles using nVidia Optimus Empty Re: errors loading MPC and problems with subtitles using nVidia Optimus

Post by Admin Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:05 pm

That error means there is a driver problem. Get the latest driver directly from nvidia.com. That will probably fix it.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

errors loading MPC and problems with subtitles using nVidia Optimus Empty Re: errors loading MPC and problems with subtitles using nVidia Optimus

Post by menting Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:53 am

thanks. that did the trick.

I appreciate it.

menting

Back to top Go down

Post by phoenixx Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:44 am

Admin wrote:That error means there is a driver problem. Get the latest driver directly from nvidia.com. That will probably fix it.
Hello, is it possible to use LAV NV CUVID for those notebooks which has two graphics cards, one intel and one nv? How?

phoenixx

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:15 pm

In the NVIDIA settings you can choose which GPU each application should use. However, the problem is that for certain applications, including MPC-HC, they have forced use of the integrated Intel GPU. There is no way around that, except renaming the MPC-HC executable, which I strongly advice against doing.

My advice would be to use DXVA2 Copy-Back. That should perform well on your system, and it also has lower power consumption that CUVID.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by phoenixx Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:51 am

Thank you!

phoenixx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum