MPC: A-B markers are now black instead of red

2 posters

Go down

MPC: A-B markers are now black instead of red Empty MPC: A-B markers are now black instead of red

Post by MPC-Runner Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:12 pm

Hello everyone!

When I updated to 1768_Mega some time ago, I noticed that the A-B markers on the MPC in (dark) Classic mode were no longer red as before, but black. This is very unfavourable because they are then very difficult to see, especially further away on large monitors. That's why I've since copied back my old MPC version of 1653_Mega in order to get the familiar and very good red A-B markers again.

Is this problem known or even solved in the latest release?
Or have I not found available settings for this?
Is there a line for the INI file with which I can solve this problem in the current MPC version?
What is this line?

Thanks for your help!
MPC-Runner

MPC-Runner

Back to top Go down

MPC: A-B markers are now black instead of red Empty Re: MPC: A-B markers are now black instead of red

Post by Admin Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:05 pm

A-B marks are still red. Chapter marks are grey.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

MPC: A-B markers are now black instead of red Empty Re: MPC: A-B markers are now black instead of red

Post by MPC-Runner Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:35 am

Thank you, but my reality looks different.

I have just done a fast update to 1830_Mega. Before that I saved my MPC version of 1653_Mega, where the A-B markers are still red, including the INI. Now the A-B markers are black on a dark brown timeline background. It is a video without DVD chapter marks and I have also deactivated "Show chapter marks on seekbar". The entire timeline is completely free, except for the new markers that I set. I have to get very close to the monitor to see the black markers at all. But they are working well.

If I activate "Use modern design" in Options/Player/User Interface, then I have red A-B markers. But I don't want this design.

I'll add that I generally have a self-designed dark theme in my Windows 7. Perhaps this clashes with the dark scheme of MPC classic? As a test, I have therefore activated the light-coloured standard Windows theme. But even then, the A-B markers remain black in Classic mode. So apparently it has nothing to do with the Windows theme.

As a test, I then deleted the current INI file to rule out the possibility of any individual configuration having an influence. In this case, MPC saves its standard settings in the registry or completely rebuilds them when the "INI" option is reactivated. This experiment did not bring any change either: The A-B markers are black in Classic mode. In the MPC version of 1653_Mega they were still red.

Please check again and help me.
MPC-Runner

MPC-Runner

Back to top Go down

Post by MPC-Runner Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:47 am

I´ll add a Screenshot for you to check out these black A-B-markers.
Edit: This applies to all types of file formats that MPC can play.

MPC: A-B markers are now black instead of red Screen15

MPC: A-B markers are now black instead of red Screen14

MPC-Runner

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:23 pm

You are using some kind of custom modified Windows theme colors.

Use this:
MPC-HC options > Player > User Interface > Modern Theme

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MPC-Runner Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:25 pm

Thank you Admin for your efforts.

Quote Admin:
You are using some kind of custom modified Windows theme colors.

Quote myself:
As a test, I have therefore activated the light-coloured standard Windows theme. But even then, the A-B markers remain black in Classic mode. So apparently it has nothing to do with the Windows theme.

So it seems to be independent of the Windows 7 colour scheme.

Quote Admin:
Use this:
MPC-HC options > Player > User Interface > Modern Theme

Quote myself:
But I don't want this design.

Since the Classic mode is still offered in the settings and is therefore obviously intended to be functional, my conclusion is now this:

It is a phenomenon that crept in during the design renovation of the MPC or was simply intended to be adjusted later. It would therefore be recommendable and desirable if I were to make this suggestion in the "Feedback" section.

Right?

MPC-Runner

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:43 pm

Classic theme depends on Windows color theme settings.

I have no interest in improving support for unusual color modes. Certainly not for Windows 7, even though I still use that myself.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MPC-Runner Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:57 pm

For my test, I used "Windows - classic" from the Windows 7 basic designs.
More "standard" is not possible.
And I haven't changed anything about it.
The A-B markers are black.

MPC-Runner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum