Video files encoded with LBYR - can't play

2 posters

Go down

Video files encoded with LBYR - can't play Empty Video files encoded with LBYR - can't play

Post by elmofritz Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:21 am

Hi

Hoping someone can help me with some wizardry. I have these video files from a long time ago that were recorded using a Creative Webcam (like about the year 2000).
What I have been able to determine from the files is that the 4CC code is LBYR and this associated with aoxdxipl.ax
I have tried a few different ways of obtaining this file, including extracting it from installers that I can find on the internet. Not much luck here. But even then I have no idea how to install the decoder and point a video player to use it when opening the files.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can either play the files without the specific decoder OR how to find and use the encoder? Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

elmofritz

Back to top Go down

Video files encoded with LBYR - can't play Empty Re: Video files encoded with LBYR - can't play

Post by Admin Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:09 am

It is simple to "install" such codec once you manage to obtain it.

Simply run this command from administrator command prompt:
regsvr32 filename.ax

And to uninstall/unregister:
regsvr32 /u filename.ax

Given that this is an old codec, you need to use a 32-bit player. K-Lite installer allows you to install both 32-bit and 64-bit MPC-HC player.

I can't help you with finding the codec.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum