MPC HC doesn't support bluetooth AVRCP commands

2 posters

Go down

MPC HC doesn't support bluetooth AVRCP commands Empty MPC HC doesn't support bluetooth AVRCP commands

Post by HystriX Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:12 pm

There is a persistent problem with MPC HC not supporting bluetooth headphone media keys for play/pause if the headphones use AVRCP profile.

I have simple remote bluetooth media controller which uses HID profile. It sends standard media keys to Windows. MPC HC correctly supports them as if I press the media buttons on my keyboard. "Global media keys" option is on.

But if I use several bluetooth headphones, they use AVRCP profile to send media commands. In this case standard media keys are not sent into windows. All other media apps and browsers I use support these commands separately from media keys. For example, Chrome, Edge, foobar2000, Telegram. But MPC HC doesn't want to work with them so I can't use my headphones with this player properly. I think the same problem is with Microsoft Store Netflix app, it also doesn't understand AVRCP input.

The problem is present on Windows 10 and Windows 11. Bluetooth headphones models I tested:

Sony MDR-XB950BT
SHURE AONIC 50
SHURE AONIC 50 Gen 2

Could you please fix this problem?

HystriX

Back to top Go down

MPC HC doesn't support bluetooth AVRCP commands Empty Re: MPC HC doesn't support bluetooth AVRCP commands

Post by Admin Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:05 am

Then it must be sending non-standard media keys or maybe nothing at all. That is not something I can fix, because I have no idea what it is doing.

MPC-HC options > Player > User Interface > SMTC

That option might help, as with that option you can control player with Windows. I suspect that will work.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

MPC HC doesn't support bluetooth AVRCP commands Empty Re: MPC HC doesn't support bluetooth AVRCP commands

Post by HystriX Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:26 pm

Admin wrote:MPC-HC options > Player > User Interface > SMTC

That option might help, as with that option you can control player with Windows. I suspect that will work.

It worked after restarting the player! Thank you very much for the info and for your work! This problem was annoying me for years.

HystriX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum