Problem parsing zero width space u200b in subtitles

2 posters

Go down

Problem parsing zero width space u200b in subtitles Empty Problem parsing zero width space u200b in subtitles

Post by loran Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:41 am

I wanted to start watching a movie and because of the subtitles, couldn't start watching.
I was getting an error message about subtitles. After some investigation, I noticed that with other text editors I could see a special character. It was a u200b in subtitle's timestamp.
In other media player there was no such issue. Probably there should be done something about special characters in general.

loran

Back to top Go down

Problem parsing zero width space u200b in subtitles Empty Re: Problem parsing zero width space u200b in subtitles

Post by Admin Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:54 pm

Give link to the file.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Problem parsing zero width space u200b in subtitles Empty Re: Problem parsing zero width space u200b in subtitles

Post by loran Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:33 pm

I don't have it right now. The issue occurred in an older version. It had something like ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​the following. If you try to copy and paste this (it contains the character) the link won't work.
Code:
​​​​​​unicode-explorer.com/c/​200B​​​​

loran

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:16 pm

Such character in a subtitle timestamp line is not allowed, making it a broken file.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by loran Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:27 pm

In other media player it worked even if it had the special character.
One approach would be to ignore the line and not display it and another approach would be to try to parse the line and display it somehow even uncorrectly.
In the version that I encountered this issue I got an error message telling me that the subtitle was broken at line X or something. If I opened it with notepad I couldn't see what was wrong.

loran

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:33 pm

I am not going to reduce parsing performance for every file just to handle a super rare broken file.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum