Does AMD Ryzen™ 7 7730U supports hardware accelered decoding of 10-bit HEVC video?

2 posters

Go down

Does AMD Ryzen™ 7 7730U supports hardware accelered decoding of 10-bit HEVC video? Empty Does AMD Ryzen™ 7 7730U supports hardware accelered decoding of 10-bit HEVC video?

Post by ajjdj167 Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:04 pm

The K-lite tips page linked below mentions that

Playback of UltraHD HDR videos requires modern hardware, with a graphics card (GPU) that supports hardware accelered decoding of 10-bit HEVC video.

Thinking of purchasing the laptop linked below

Zenbook 14 OLED (UM3402)

The laptop has

HDMI 2.1 TMDS which should be able to pass 4k Dolby Vision and Lossless Audio to a Samsung Q800C soundbar that passes video to an LG A1 OLED.
AMD Ryzen™ 7 7730U is what my question is about I am unable to find out if the graphics on this CPU supports hardware accelered decoding of 10-bit HEVC video.

I want to be able to play M2TS, TS, MKV, MP4 with P5, P8.1, P8.4 DV and lossless audio using this laptop. Thank you.

ajjdj167

Back to top Go down

Does AMD Ryzen™ 7 7730U supports hardware accelered decoding of 10-bit HEVC video? Empty Re: Does AMD Ryzen™ 7 7730U supports hardware accelered decoding of 10-bit HEVC video?

Post by Admin Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:53 pm

Yes, that should be fine.

Dolby Vision will get converted to HDR10 by the video renderer. There is no free software to passthough Dolby Vision.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Does AMD Ryzen™ 7 7730U supports hardware accelered decoding of 10-bit HEVC video? Empty Re: Does AMD Ryzen™ 7 7730U supports hardware accelered decoding of 10-bit HEVC video?

Post by ajjdj167 Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:52 am

Could you please tell me where you found that the graphics on the CPU has hardware acceleration? When Dolby Vision is converted to HDR10 the RPU is applied to the video. Is there a visual difference between Dolby Vision and the converted playback? What are the paid options to pass dolby vision as is? I also notice when muxing in ffmpeg and changing video containers in ffmpeg dolby vision streams are converted to HDR10 by default. BL = HDR10 EL = Not present in P5, P8.1, P8.4 RPU is the RPU converted without visual losses or simply discarded during playback and conversions? Thank you.

ajjdj167

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:01 pm

I can't help you with commercial software for DV. I obviously don't use that, and I don't even know if any (good ones) exist. Most commercial players are pure crap.

It looks good so I doubt there is much visual difference. It does not matter anyway since there is no alternative.

I don't know how ffmpeg converts DV. For remuxing your can use MkvToolNix.

All GPUs have hardware acceleration. Yours is Cezanne APU which has HEVC.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum