Glitch when rewinding h264 video during playback with directx 11 hardware decoder

2 posters

Go down

Glitch when rewinding  h264 video during playback with directx 11 hardware decoder  Empty Glitch when rewinding h264 video during playback with directx 11 hardware decoder

Post by Scanimate Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:09 pm

When I rewind the video using the slider, a graphical glitch occurs. .This Glitch only happens when using directX 11 hardware decoder on my Radeon rx 7800xt card . With  DXVA2 HW decoding all working well. Also, the problem is not observed in all files of this codec in DX11 mode .VLC player has the same problem with dx11 hw decode. Tell me where to look for solutions to this problem  Sad  ? Is this a driver problem  Neutral ?

Scanimate

Back to top Go down

Glitch when rewinding  h264 video during playback with directx 11 hardware decoder  Empty Re: Glitch when rewinding h264 video during playback with directx 11 hardware decoder

Post by Admin Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:49 pm

It could be an issue with the files. Use the MediaInfo tool to view details about the files. Look at the muxer and encoder details shown. Maybe the problematic videos have something in common there that is different from your other good working videos.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Glitch when rewinding  h264 video during playback with directx 11 hardware decoder  Empty Re: Glitch when rewinding h264 video during playback with directx 11 hardware decoder

Post by Scanimate Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:00 pm

Many films with video stream untouched from Blu-ray discs have this glitch . But DXVA2 copy-back HW decoding option doesn't have any problem .

Scanimate

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:51 pm

Try remuxing one of the files with MkvToolNix. Just as a test to rule out any weird issues in case a different muxer was used originally.

Otherwise it is likely a driver problem.

Below the hardware decoder option there is a dropdown where you can select the GPU device. If you select that then D3D11 will operate in copyback mode instead of Native (automatic). Maybe that makes a difference.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scanimate Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:28 pm

In copyback DX11 mode the problem still persists . Remuxing didn't help me either .

Scanimate

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:48 pm

Then I can only suggest to try different driver version and report problem to AMD.
Otherwise stick to using DXVA2.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scanimate Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:40 am

I I found a description of this problem on  Github from the technical side, what do you think? Investigation: DX11 HW decode can cause image corruption on quick time skipping in some sources

Scanimate

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:30 am

That issue involves badly authored files, so likely not exact same issue as yours.

But both are driver issues. So there is not really anything I can do to help you.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum