RGB in MPC-HC

2 posters

Go down

RGB in MPC-HC Empty RGB in MPC-HC

Post by Lite Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:51 pm

Hello.
Win10 x64 (10.0.10240)
Intel HD Graphics 405 on latest driver (20.19.15.5171)

K-Lite Codec Pack 18.0.5:
MPC-HC 2.1.4 (c82061aef)
MPC Video Renderer 0.7.1.2172 (LAV Video Decoder 0.78.0.1-git)

I found that my videos always started in the 16-235 range when using MPC Video Renderer. If I select VMR7 or VMR9, then the range becomes as it should - 0-255. This is not visible in the statistics, but I determined this by comparing screenshots.
I thought it was a DXVA issue, since VMR7 and VMR9 reproduce without DXVA. But if, using MPC Video Renderer, I disable DXVA in the LAV settings, then the range remains 16-235. Enabling DX11 in MPC Video Renderer also has no effect. Changing the settings in the Intel Driver Panel also does not change anything. In addition, after all these manipulations, the statistics now show “Input Format: Unknown” and I don’t know how to fix it.

I don't see Overlay Mixer in the DirectShow Video list. From which version was it completely removed?

How to fix Input Format and enable Range 0-255?

RGB in MPC-HC Luma-RangeRGB in MPC-HC Luma-Range-2

Last edited by Lite on Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lite

Back to top Go down

RGB in MPC-HC Empty Re: RGB in MPC-HC

Post by Admin Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:33 pm

Pretty much all video is actually 16-235. Only stuff like screen captures are 0-255.

There is no 64-bit Overlay Mixer. Plus there is no reason to use ancient renderers.

If luma is wrong on monitor, you need to set output to 0-255 in Intel settings.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lite Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:11 pm

Why then do other renderers use the full range? I can successfully enable the Pre-Resize shader and it works. But I want it natively, without a shader.

On the Overlay mixer I wanted to check how it would be there.

As I wrote, I selected full range in the Intel settings, but nothing changed.

I suspect the Intel driver as the scaling option doesn't work either. When I turn off scaling or turn on center, it is still used full screen.

Since the Intel driver is not able to switch this we need a way to do this inside the player. This is not the first time I’ve seen leapfrogs with the range on different PCs and I don’t see any means to influence it.

And the video cannot be limited, since it is BDRIP. How can I view range data? I don't see this in MediaInfo.

And why did the Input Format information stop showing? Where could the problem be, how can I fix it?

And YouTube has the same problem with range. How can I fix this?

Lite

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:20 pm

BDRip video is limited range!!!

You are confusing range of the input video and range that is used as output by the driver.

MPCVR only outputs in full range. If your monitor needs limited range, then you need to use different renderer. Or properly configure the monitor to use full range. Because any modern monitor and TV should support full range. On TVs that is often called "PC mode".

EVR-CP has option for it.
Menu > View > Renderer Settings > Output Range

Just to be clear the range of the OUTPUT is unrelated to the range of the video itself. Input is converted to output.

Don't use scaling in Intel settings.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lite Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:43 pm

Well, explain how to find out the real range in the video. And where can I get a video with the full range, if you are so sure that it is limited in all videos.

How can I check my videos and find out what range they have?
Explain what's what, since you know it well. So that everyone can know this and use it correctly.

Admin wrote:EVR-CP has option for it.
Menu > View > Renderer Settings > Output Range
By default is full range. I switch to limited and nothing changes in the image.

Admin wrote:Don't use scaling in Intel settings
Well, I explained that it doesn’t react. It doesn’t matter what you put there - it always expands to full screen. But these are output settings, not video. This is just an example. It’s just that if this doesn’t work as it should, then there may be the same problem with setting the range - there is some hard-coded value and the settings do not change anything. This is exactly the impression I got.

Apparently the most important question is why VMR7 and VMR9 show a different picture?

Lite

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:33 pm

MediaInfo can show range info.

Range defines which value of a pixel corresponds to pure white and pure black.

VMR7/VMR9 do not support DXVA2 Native hardware decoding. That is one reason why you may get any difference if driver has bug with hardware decoding. Plus they are different renderers. You can change hardware decoder setting in LAV Video Decoder. If that gives different results, then it is a driver bug, and I can not fix driver bugs.

I am not spending any more time on this discussion.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lite Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:15 am

OK I understood.

But one question remains regarding MPC Video Renderer.
How to return information to Input Format? What to do?

Lite

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:26 am

I don't know what you did that caused unknown input. Look at:
Menu > Play > Filters
Maybe you are using VSFilter. Change back to internal subtitle renderer.

In MPC Video Decoder you can uncheck all boxes in DXVA2 Video Processor section. Then it uses Shaders for scaling and conversions. That can help if driver is doing bad things.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lite Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:03 am

Found. It was disabled Hardware Decoder in LAV Video Decoder.

Lite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum