"Setup has detected that you have recently updated Windows" and unattended installs

2 posters

Go down

"Setup has detected that you have recently updated Windows" and unattended installs Empty "Setup has detected that you have recently updated Windows" and unattended installs

Post by rseiler Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:33 pm

The message you see below is a result of doing a full-build Windows upgrade, which I do often on the Insider program. I usually then do what it says using the normal installer run manually, and that does the trick, the message is gone from that point forward (e.g. if you were to launch the installer again).

It occurred to me that I might be able to simply use the unattended method to do that, but surprisingly, while an unattended install (using the very same normal installer) apparently completes successfully, it's clearly not doing the same kind of install since the above message is still there if you then launch the installer manually to check.

Is there perhaps another switch that will make it do it? I was using these (also tried it without the latter one):

Code:
/silent /norestart /nofileassociations

"Setup has detected that you have recently updated Windows" and unattended installs ScMZ3d2

rseiler

Back to top Go down

"Setup has detected that you have recently updated Windows" and unattended installs Empty Re: "Setup has detected that you have recently updated Windows" and unattended installs

Post by Admin Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:16 pm

This message is only shown by the update pack.

Use the normal installer instead. The BETA version also includes the updates.

Silent install will abort if your current installed version is newer. Use /forcedowngrade, or better use BETA version.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

"Setup has detected that you have recently updated Windows" and unattended installs Empty Re: "Setup has detected that you have recently updated Windows" and unattended installs

Post by rseiler Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:39 pm

Yes, I was using the normal installer for the unattended install. I showed the screenshot (which later appears via the updater) to illustrate that the unattended install wasn't actually doing the same thing as an attended install would have with the same installer. It was my only evidence that there was a different result.

I think it must be what you said at the end (and since it was an unattended install it didn't tell me that it aborted) as I definitely did have a newer version (the latest normal installer always lags). I'll try the extra switch next time, thanks.

rseiler

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:09 pm

Just use the BETA installers. That is normal installer with latest updates included.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum