Settings for getting all sounds through soundbar to k Lite

2 posters

Go down

Settings for getting all sounds through soundbar to k Lite  Empty Settings for getting all sounds through soundbar to k Lite

Post by antoine71 Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:22 pm

My laptop's audio device is realtek ati hdmi which supports all sounds (DTS, DTS-HD, TrueHD etc). and is connected to a soundbar (Sony HTZF9) with Hdmi of course that supports everything up to 7.1 atmos etc.

How do I set up K lite (step by step) to get those sounds? The max i get so far is DTS and i have movies that are truehd or dts-hd...

antoine71

Back to top Go down

Settings for getting all sounds through soundbar to k Lite  Empty Re: Settings for getting all sounds through soundbar to k Lite

Post by Admin Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:12 pm

You already have the correct settings in player and codecs. There is nothing more to improve.

If it is not working, the problem is either in the audio driver or on soundbar side. Update driver. Try both HDMI input ports. Also make sure you don't have a super old cable with insufficient bandwidth.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Settings for getting all sounds through soundbar to k Lite  Empty Re: Settings for getting all sounds through soundbar to k Lite

Post by antoine71 Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:31 pm

Admin wrote:You already have the correct settings in player and codecs. There is nothing more to improve.

If it is not working, the problem is either in the audio driver or on soundbar side. Update driver. Try both HDMI input ports. Also make sure you don't have a super old cable with insufficient bandwidth.

The soundbar (sony htzf9) supports all sounds up to 7.1 Atmos etc. and my cables are 2.0.
The issue is with realtek ati hdmi driver on the laptop that probably no player supports!

antoine71

Back to top Go down

Post by antoine71 Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:43 pm

[quote="Admin"]You already have the correct settings in player and codecs. There is nothing more to improve.

If it is not working, the problem is either in the audio driver or on soundbar side. Update driver. Try both HDMI input ports. Also make sure you don't have a super old cable with insufficient bandwidth.[/quote]

From a conversation that i had with someone, he said that even if my laptop is manufactured in 2009, he is mostly sure that my HDMI version must be 1.1 and not later, but i can’t find it in my devices , even not at sony’s site..I thought that I have at least 1.3 …
So the only sounds i can get is up to dts. If you say that i don’t need any external filters or extra codecs…then this is it….:weary::weary:

antoine71

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:29 pm

Yes, if your device is old and has HDMI 1.1 then that is reason why the modern audio formats are not working. Each HDMI version has different capabilities regarding the amount of data that it can transmit. Old version have similar limitation for audio as SPDIF, meaning AC3/DTS/PCM2.0.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by antoine71 Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:11 pm

[quote="Admin"]Yes, if your device is old and has HDMI 1.1 then that is reason why the modern audio formats are not working. Each HDMI version has different capabilities regarding the amount of data that it can transmit. Old version have similar limitation for audio as SPDIF, meaning AC3/DTS/PCM2.0.[/quote]

LaptopĀ“s has Ati mobility radeon 4500 and it must have 1.3a…. but the soundbar is 2019!

antoine71

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:02 pm

I can't help you if the laptop does not work as expected.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by antoine71 Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:38 pm

[quote="Admin"]I can't help you if the laptop does not work as expected.[/quote]
Yes I understand…
Do you happen to know if Reclock (program) works with K-Lite MPC-HC player? ( WASAPI)

antoine71

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:49 pm

ReClock is not going to solve your problem.

MPC-HC has two renderers that use WASAPI: SaneAR and MPC Audio Renderer.
WASAPI is not needed for bitstreaming. It also works with DirectSound.

Which version of Windows are you using on the laptop? If it is Windows 7, then you should try update to Windows 10.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by antoine71 Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:58 am

It was windows 7 and automatically updated to windows 10.

antoine71

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:20 pm

You can try replace the ATI sound driver with the generic High Definition Audio Device driver from Microsoft.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by antoine71 Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:50 pm

[quote="Admin"]You can try replace the ATI sound driver with the generic High Definition Audio Device driver from Microsoft.[/quote]

And after that what sound renderer should I use to see IF it works?
Because the sound must be adjusted from the laptop to the receiver….
With no filters the sound that i get from the soundbar is LPCM

antoine71

Back to top Go down

Post by antoine71 Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:25 pm

[quote="Admin"]You can try replace the ATI sound driver with the generic High Definition Audio Device driver from Microsoft.[/quote]

Which sound rates does generic HDAD driver from Microsoft support?

antoine71

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:56 pm

It should support everything.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by antoine71 Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:30 pm

[quote="Admin"]It should support everything.[/quote]

I will replace it (without uninstalling realtek driver) and I would let you know. Days ago i downloaded AMD ATI DRIVER but it doesn’t give the sounds that realtek does. ( only dolby digital and dts) .
You think i will get lossless sounds through my soundbar?
I will have to check and if not, roll back to realtek ati hdmi driver. thanks

antoine71

Back to top Go down

Post by antoine71 Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:56 pm

No it doesn’t work ….only sees the speakers of the laptop does not recognize HDMI output…

antoine71

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum