MPC-HC Can't See Embedded SRT Subtitle Track

2 posters

Go down

MPC-HC Can't See Embedded SRT Subtitle Track Empty MPC-HC Can't See Embedded SRT Subtitle Track

Post by oniiz86 Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:26 pm

I'm having a strange issue with MPC-HC where it will not see the embedded SRT subtitle track within the file, when I right-click the "Subtitle Track" option appears to be greyed out, VLC player has no such issues along with my hardware-based players, here is a short 1 min sample https://www.mediafire.com/file/rlqk9t77y0kn5ox/The_Legend_of_Black_Charley_1972.zip/file
MPC-HC Can't See Embedded SRT Subtitle Track BNCYjBx
MPC-HC Can't See Embedded SRT Subtitle Track UAEHUt5

oniiz86

Back to top Go down

MPC-HC Can't See Embedded SRT Subtitle Track Empty Re: MPC-HC Can't See Embedded SRT Subtitle Track

Post by Admin Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:59 pm

This usually means that the subtitle track was muxed incorrectly and marked as disabled, which means it should be hidden. You can fix this by remuxing the file with MkvToolNix. Then you can re-enable the track.

The behavior of VLC is incorrect!

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

MPC-HC Can't See Embedded SRT Subtitle Track Empty Re: MPC-HC Can't See Embedded SRT Subtitle Track

Post by oniiz86 Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:35 am

I feel like a complete idiot, for whatever reason it seems to have been an issue with all versions of MKVToolNix prior to v77.0, the subtitle track is disabled when a file is imported, why that was the case, who knows, anyway it was this bug fix in v77.0 that had rectified the situation. Smile

MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the GUI will now check the state of the 'track
 enabled' flag of all video, audio & subtitle tracks when starting to
 multiplex or adding a job to the job queue. If there's no track with its
 flag turned on for a type, the GUI will turn on the flag for the first track
 of the type.
This behavior can be turned off in the preferences. Implements
 #3535.

oniiz86

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum