MPC-HC is at 30% in task manager

2 posters

Go down

MPC-HC is at 30% in task manager Empty MPC-HC is at 30% in task manager

Post by Clemsi Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:21 pm

Hi, Admin !

I don't know if it's because my laptop's performance is decreasing or because the k-lite codec pack became more demanding with time, but when I watch an episode of a show in 1080p, the fan starts to make too much noise after a few minutes.

When I open task manager, I see MPC-HC at 30% and it says "GPU"...

I don't know what to do.

I have MPC-HC with the K-lite codec pack standard installed.
And I let everything at default in the advanced installation, except small edits like shortcut on desk for MPC-HC, update notifications every week and no remembering history file of a video.
Clemsi
Clemsi

Back to top Go down

MPC-HC is at 30% in task manager Empty Re: MPC-HC is at 30% in task manager

Post by Admin Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:59 pm

Does it use 30% CPU or GPU?

Does the status bar of the player say "H/W"? This means that hardware accelerated video decoding is active. If it isn't I need more details about your laptop hardware and which video format is giving the problem.

It could also be related to subtitles. Anime video can have complex subtitle effects like karaoke. That uses a lot of CPU power.

Since it starts after a few minutes, it can also be that the laptop can't properly cool itself. Make sure the cooling holes are not blocked during use.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Clemsi Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:17 pm

I think it was GPU and yes I think I remember seeing "H/W", but I am not sure.
I watched the next two episodes of that show, but the fan didn't start to make noise.
I think it's because these two epidodes don't have the same format like you said.

The NFO of the episodes that gave me a lot of noise :

CODEC...........: H264 - Untouched                                                 ║  █
█  █                                             ■ ViDEO....: Scene US                     █  █
█  ║  ■ BiTRATE.........: 10 000 kb/s                                                      ║  █
█  █                                             ■ AUDiO....: FW / Scene US                █  █
█  ║  ■ RESOLUTiON......: 1920 x 960                                                       ║  █
█  █                                             ■ SUBS.....: sous-titres.eu               █  █
█  ║  ■ ASPECT RATiO....: 2.000                                                            ║  █
█  █                                             ■ CHAPTERS.: N/A                          █  █
█  ║  ■ FRAMERATE.......: 24.000 fps                                                       ║  █
█  █                                                                                       █  █
█  ║  ■ LANGUAGE(s).....: English / French                                                 ║  █
█  █                                                                                       █  █
█  ║  ■ AUDiO iNFOS.....: E-AC-3 5.1 640 kb/s (eng) / E-AC-3 2.0 384 kb/s (fre)            ║  █
█  ║  ■ SUBTiTLES.......: French [Forced] / French [Full]                                  ║  █
█  ║  ■ DURATiON........: 46 min 37 s                                                      ║  █
█  ║  ■ RELEASE SiZE....: 3.49 GiB                        

The NFO of the two episodes that didn't gave me noise :

Source ...........: NTB - FW. Thanks !
 Format ...........: MKV
 Length ...........: 3,40 Gio
 Duration .........: 45 min 5s

Video ............: AVC/H264 à 10 000 kb/s (Untouched)
 Aspect ...........: 1920*960p (2,000) 25,000 Im/s

Audio ............: [FR] VFi 2 channels E-AC-3 à 384 kb/s
                     [EN] US 2 channels E-AC-3 à 384 kb/s

Subtitle .........: French (Full)

Links ............: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3743822
                     https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/62286

Note .............: Thanks to Casimir68
                   : Subs out of sync (Fixed)

I can give more info about the NFO, I didn't copy paste everything.
I delete the episodes after watching them.

There is no things blocking the cooling holes during use and no there wasn't any karaoke, it was a TV show I was watching, not a fansubbed anime.

If that happens again with another episode, I will post a screenshot of my task manager here.
Clemsi
Clemsi

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:19 pm

Both are H264, which should be relatively easy to decode. I don't see anything unusual.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum