This File Does Not Have An App Associated With It For Performing This Action Error

2 posters

Go down

This File Does Not Have An App Associated With It For Performing This Action Error Empty This File Does Not Have An App Associated With It For Performing This Action Error

Post by Sirenita Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:10 pm

Good day for all.

I have a problem when I select multiple video files (mp4, mkv) and press Enter, MPC-HC show me the error "This File Does Not Have An App Associated With It For Performing This Action", options do not appear with the context menu to add to the list, the only solution is to drag the files to the application. When I select a single file, I have no problem. ¿Can you help?

I have W10 Pro 22H2 19045.3448, K-lite Codec Pack 17.8.2.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

Sirenita

Back to top Go down

This File Does Not Have An App Associated With It For Performing This Action Error Empty Re: This File Does Not Have An App Associated With It For Performing This Action Error

Post by Admin Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:30 am

MPC-HC does not show that message. It is Explorer that is showing it.

Are you perhaps selecting a file format that has no valid file association set?

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

This File Does Not Have An App Associated With It For Performing This Action Error Empty Re: This File Does Not Have An App Associated With It For Performing This Action Error

Post by Sirenita Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:38 am

Thanks for answer.

If I open a single file, no matter what format, MPC-HC open the file or appear options in the context menu.  The problem only appear when I select several files and press Enter.  All the videos are OK, but when I select several files of different types that is when the error occurs.

Image one file select:
This File Does Not Have An App Associated With It For Performing This Action Error 110

Image several files select and press Enter:
This File Does Not Have An App Associated With It For Performing This Action Error 210

Imege several files select and left click:
This File Does Not Have An App Associated With It For Performing This Action Error 310

I hope can you help me, although it is not such a serious problem, it is annoying to have to drag files around.

Thank you very much.

Sirenita

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:36 am

Windows has an internal limit of 15 files that you can open at once with an application. That limit exist because Explorer actually opens multiple instances of the application.

As a workaround for that there is a MPC-HC entry in the "Send To" section of the Explorer context menu. That supports a larger selection.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirenita Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:24 pm

Admin wrote:Windows has an internal limit of 15 files that you can open at once with an application. That limit exist because Explorer actually opens multiple instances of the application.

As a workaround for that there is a MPC-HC entry in the "Send To" section of the Explorer context menu. That supports a larger selection.

Thanks for answer. Indeed, the problem arises from this limitation. I found how modificate the windows registry for solve this problem:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/shell-experience/context-menus-shortened-select-over-15-files

After modifying the registry I no longer had the error.

Thank you very much for help me.

Sirenita

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum