Frame timing problem?

2 posters

Go down

Frame timing problem? Empty Frame timing problem?

Post by admnth Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:59 pm

I noticed that the playback doesn't look smooth compared to vlc, it's not very noticeable but it bothers me. I don't know exactly how mpc hc works but the feeling is as if the frame timing is not synchronized with the hz of my monitor, but I don't know if that's it. The enable frame time correction doesn't work ctrl+j still "no". I tested it in the mpc video renderer and the same thing happens, in the statistics I notice that I don't lose any frames, but the same feeling of lack of fluidity continues. I prefer mpc to vlc in practically everything, if vlc's way of taking screenshots wasn't so bad, maybe I'd use it more.

admnth

Back to top Go down

Frame timing problem? Empty Re: Frame timing problem?

Post by Admin Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:14 pm

Frame time correction is only for files that contain incorrect timestamps.

Assuming your screen is 60Hz and the video is 24 fps, then that means each video frame must be shown 2.5 times. That is of course not possible, so half the frame will be repeated two times and half will be repeated 3 times. VLC should have similar behavior.

If you have a GSync monitor, then make sure that GSync isn't enabled for MPC-HC. Maybe that is the cause of your problem. Also enable VSync.

Only way to have smoother video is to have a refreshrate that is equal to or a multiple of the video framerate. But even then, 24fps video itself has a noticeable smoothless problem in for example fast panning shots, simply because of the low framerate.

Ctrl+J shows a graph that should show the smoothness of frame displays. As long as that does not contain big spikes, everything should be fine.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by admnth Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:13 am

Thanks for the answer, my monitor is 75hz. The fluidity part is similar to what happens in games, isn't it? Gameplay at 30fps will be more fluid than 40fps if it's on a 60hz screen because the time the frames are shown, let's say they fit* perfectly at 60hz, when duplicated, the same display time is maintained.

Unless you have vrr, as you said the refresh rate be equal to the framerate of the video,
in this case, if I set the refresh rate of my monitor to 72 hz would it be more fluid? Since it's a multiple of 24.

Sorry, as you see I don't understand very well, so all video renderers automatically try to correct the timing of the video frames to the screen refresh rate? and the sync renderer I don't know if it makes much difference and I couldn't find how to configure it.

admnth

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:38 pm

72Hz would be a tiny bit better yes.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum