[Request] Option so that Thumbnails are based on Metadata tag/tags

2 posters

Go down

[Request] Option so that Thumbnails are based on Metadata tag/tags Empty [Request] Option so that Thumbnails are based on Metadata tag/tags

Post by SamRohod Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:20 pm

Hi,

Is it possible to add an option to force video thumbnails to be created based on some metadata values?
I'm thinking specifically of the "Rotation" tag. I have hundreds of videos that when played are correct but their video thumbnails have the wrong rotation.

I use K-Lite Codec Pack (Mega) and based on testing few videos with MediaInfo & ExifTool, it seems that Media Player Classic uses the metadata to rotate the video when playing but the thumbnail creation (using Icaros?) does not use the metadata to rotate thumbnails correctly.

Thank you.

SamRohod

Back to top Go down

[Request] Option so that Thumbnails are based on Metadata tag/tags Empty Re: [Request] Option so that Thumbnails are based on Metadata tag/tags

Post by Admin Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:59 pm

It already rotates.

You need to clean the Windows thumbnail cache.

Use cleanmgr.exe and reboot afterwards.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

[Request] Option so that Thumbnails are based on Metadata tag/tags Empty Re: [Request] Option so that Thumbnails are based on Metadata tag/tags

Post by SamRohod Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:33 pm

I have attached two videos with this problem. One has rotation=90 and the Other rotation=180. I also attached a picture of how it looks on my computer.

I tried the Disk Cleanup tool (cleanmgr.exe) to clean the thumbnails but the problem remains.
Before posting this, I even tried installing K-Lite Codec Pack Mega (default settings) on a freshly installed Windows 11 with only Intel and Nvidia drivers installed by me, and I got the same result as in the picture attached.

[example.zip]

SamRohod

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:21 am

The icaros developer will check it.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum