Colour Problem in default setting with FIX.

2 posters

Go down

Colour Problem in default setting with FIX. Empty Colour Problem in default setting with FIX.

Post by 27GS Thu May 18, 2023 7:10 am

I am using Windows 11 22H2.
It might be controversial that I detected an annoying but known issue that "colour looks dull when I play some videos (mostly in mkv format) in MPC-HC", surprisingly this issue also present in classic (legacy) version of Windows Media Player, but thanks to modern version of Windows Media Player that helps me to understand the actual colour of video. So I am providing solution with screenshot if someone face this issue.
1. Go to View>Options
2. In Playback>Output, by default set as "Enhanced Video Renderer (custom presenter)" in DirectShow Video option, and this option is the actual reason of videos looks dull.
3. Change this option to "MPC Video Renderer"  then click Apply>OK and restart MPC-HC.
4. After restart, videos will look in actual colour, I mean dullness now gone.

But I need confirmation and advice of sir Admin, if any additional suggestions required.
Unfortunately, screenshot upload option is not functional in this forum.

27GS

Back to top Go down

Colour Problem in default setting with FIX. Empty Re: Colour Problem in default setting with FIX.

Post by Admin Thu May 18, 2023 11:51 am

MPC Video Renderer is already default on the majority of (modern) systems.

But colours should also be good with EVR-CP. It is usually a bug in the graphics driver that cause this problem. Using wrong luminance range.

Which graphics card do you have?

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Colour Problem in default setting with FIX. Empty Re: Colour Problem in default setting with FIX.

Post by 27GS Thu May 18, 2023 5:33 pm

I am using Intel HD Graphics 530.

27GS

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu May 18, 2023 7:30 pm

Keep using MPC Video Renderer.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum