Is there an .msi or a way to run this for "all users" in an environment where different people login to different pcs?

2 posters

Go down

Is there an .msi or a way to run this for "all users" in an environment where different people login to different pcs? Empty Is there an .msi or a way to run this for "all users" in an environment where different people login to different pcs?

Post by andyb40gb Tue May 02, 2023 11:37 am

I've ran it when logged in as admin but then when a user logs in, they are having an issue with video playback in PowerPoint that I do not get.

andyb40gb

Back to top Go down

Is there an .msi or a way to run this for "all users" in an environment where different people login to different pcs? Empty Re: Is there an .msi or a way to run this for "all users" in an environment where different people login to different pcs?

Post by Admin Tue May 02, 2023 2:21 pm

Codecs are already installed globally for all users. Most codec settings should also be propagated automatically, but you can always "reset" to installation defaults with our Codec Tweak Tool on a user account.

Problems with video in Powerpoint are usually not directly codec related, but rather due to quirks in Powerpoint itself. Which problem are they having exactly?

When you try to replicate a user problem, test with the exact same video file as the user, as the audio/video format might trigger different behavior. If this is the case, let me know which format is working and which ones have problems. Use MediaInfo to see file format details.

There is an option in the installer to set VMR9 as default video renderer (instead of VMR7). That can help with black video issues. If video plays too fast/slow, then try configuring the audio decoder to output Stereo. And also set speaker configuration in Windows settings to Stereo. If that does not help, then there also is ability in PP to adjust/override the playback speed.

And depending on Powerpoint version, there are two ways of inserting video. First way, directly as video object, which using old MCI interface for rendering the media. That may be buggy in some cases. Second method is as a Windows Media Player object, which may give much less problems. I am not sure if that second method is still possible in newer versions.

Let me know what helps to solve the problems, then I can add it to our FAQ.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum