ActiveMovie Window pop up

2 posters

Go down

ActiveMovie Window pop up Empty ActiveMovie Window pop up

Post by E-Z Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:04 am

Hi, I'm trying to play a game that has been made with DirectShow (I think). Problem that I have is that every time I choose an option within the game, the video that plays as a result doesn't play within the game window, instead it pops up a separate "ActiveMovie window" and plays in there. Does K-Lite (Standard pack with default settings) have anything to do with this? If so, how can I stop this from happening?

E-Z

Back to top Go down

ActiveMovie Window pop up Empty Re: ActiveMovie Window pop up

Post by Admin Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:53 pm

No, that is not the fault of K-Lite.

Which game is having this problem?

Some possible solutions I found:
- Turn of forced anti-aliasing in the graphics driver settings (use Application Controlled)
- Run game in different resolution
- Codec Tweak Tool > Fixes > Re-register base DirectShow filters
- Codec Tweak Tool > Generate Log
This shows you if you have got any third party stuff installed. For example old DivX Demux Filter can cause issues.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by E-Z Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:26 pm

I tried the Re-register base DirectShow filters and it worked!

Didn't work for the JRPG's that I run in a Windows 7 SP1 VirtualBox enviroment though. Uninstalled K-Lite, no change, disabled WMP and Center in Windows Features, no change, re-installed latest K-Lite Standard with default settings, no change. It seems to be fine when the game uses its own proprietary video format, but if they're mpg's, it will still open an ActiveMovie window.

VirtualBox Graphics controller is currently: VBoxSVGA, w/ 3D acceleration enabled.
Display res: 1920x985
Game res: 720p or 480p

I think with Vbox, it started happening when they implemented/changed some display settings (mainly gfx controller I think) and I could never fix the issue no matter what settings I changed.

E-Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:44 pm

This issue is related to the video renderer. VirtualBox graphics emulation is pretty buggy, that that is why is isn't working properly there. You could try with 3D emulation disabled.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by E-Z Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:05 am

Admin wrote:This issue is related to the video renderer. VirtualBox graphics emulation is pretty buggy, that that is why is isn't working properly there. You could try with 3D emulation disabled.

I've tried every option I can and it just doesn't change the result, the problem is that the game needs 3D acceleration enabled and a min 720p res otherwise it won't open (the only gfx controller with that option is VBoxSVGA).

I didn't realise that there's a v7.0.4 of VBox, so I updated to that from v6.1.40, queue hours of Win7 updates that weren't allowed to install on v6. Now? 3D acceleration is broken as you say, the desktop taskbar/explorer is jittery unless I change theme from Aero to Basic, if I try to open the game, the picture will be offset from the corner of the window and 40% is black.

Suppose I'll have to forget about playing those games for another few years. Thanks for your suggestions on the original issue, as I said that fixed the problem for the game on my Win10 host.

E-Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum