K-Lite MPC-HC: how to auto load subtitles from subs\s0xe0x path (two subfolders)

2 posters

Go down

K-Lite MPC-HC: how to auto load subtitles from subs\s0xe0x path (two subfolders) Empty K-Lite MPC-HC: how to auto load subtitles from subss0xe0x path (two subfolders)

Post by Amplifiction Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:45 pm

Hi,

I have installed the latest version of the Standard K-Lite Codec Pack, and am using the included Media Player Classic Home Cinema to play video files. (Windows 10)

Excellent pack, by the way. I haven't looked back at any competing player ever since I installed K-Lite for the first time, years ago.

Among it's few shortcomings is it's inability to automatically load subtitles located in two levels of subfolders, which is something I encounter fairly often.

For example, say I have the following file structure:
A\s01e01.mp4
A\s01e02.mp4
(...)
A\subs\s01e01\2_English.srt
A\subs\s01e01\4_Bulgarian.srt
(...)
Where the s0xe0x folders are named exactly after their .mp4 counterparts.

How do I get MPC-HC to automatically load these subtitles (according to my preferred language settings)?
I have found the relevant textbox "Automatically load subtitles from these folders" under View > Options > Subtitles > Other. (Translating here, so the English version of MPC-HC might differ.) It contains ".;.\subtitles;.\subs" by default. Is there some kind of wildcard I can use to add another entry to this textbox?

Thanks.

Amplifiction

Back to top Go down

K-Lite MPC-HC: how to auto load subtitles from subs\s0xe0x path (two subfolders) Empty Re: K-Lite MPC-HC: how to auto load subtitles from subs\s0xe0x path (two subfolders)

Post by Admin Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:23 pm

It is not possible to autoload from such folder structure. There are also no plans to support that in the future.

You can drag&drop a subtitle file onto the video to load it.

The autoload you need to rename and move the desired subtitle file.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

K-Lite MPC-HC: how to auto load subtitles from subs\s0xe0x path (two subfolders) Empty Re: K-Lite MPC-HC: how to auto load subtitles from subs\s0xe0x path (two subfolders)

Post by Amplifiction Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:07 am

Ok, thank you.

Amplifiction

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:25 am

You are lucky. This feature has been added in 17.2.9

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Amplifiction Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:16 pm

Nice. Thanks for the heads up.

Amplifiction

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum