Temporarily Disable Subtitles with a Shortcut Key for a File / Folder or Session?

2 posters

Go down

Temporarily Disable Subtitles with a Shortcut Key for a File / Folder or Session? Empty Temporarily Disable Subtitles with a Shortcut Key for a File / Folder or Session?

Post by honey01 Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:28 pm

Hi

I have been using K-lite codec pack since maybe late 2000's. Best thing since sliced bread. Thank you.

Was wondering if there is a way to temporary disable subs for a particular File / Folder or Session in MPC-HC?

Actually, I need subs for some files, but at times do not find them useful. Thing is the W key disables them sort of permanently.

If a file has 3 or 4 subs, can shuffle them with S key to the point of 'No subtitles'. But if it has lot of subs, then W key is needed to do a quick job.

Does this feature (temporary disable subs, with a shortcut key) already exist or is it even doable?

X key, below S seems a likable candidate, if the devs happen to look into this feature.

Thanks again.

honey01

Back to top Go down

Temporarily Disable Subtitles with a Shortcut Key for a File / Folder or Session? Empty Re: Temporarily Disable Subtitles with a Shortcut Key for a File / Folder or Session?

Post by Admin Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:08 am

You can use W to toggle subs on/off. New hotkeys will not be added.

In the settings of LAV Splitter you can configure which subtitle (or none) should be selected by default based on language and other properties.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Temporarily Disable Subtitles with a Shortcut Key for a File / Folder or Session? Empty Re: Temporarily Disable Subtitles with a Shortcut Key for a File / Folder or Session?

Post by honey01 Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:10 pm

hmm... fair enough!

So my own settings in lav splitter were~

Audio --> pan,hin,eng
Subs --> eng

Selection mode was 'Default'

Didn't know you may set subs off for specific audio languages.

The readme for 'Advanced' mode is given here~ https://1f0.de/lav-splitter/lav-splitter-stream-selection/

Will have to set read it fully and later set subs off for punjabi & hindi.. So subs should appear for the rest of languages.

Thanks for pointing it out. Smile

honey01

Back to top Go down

Post by honey01 Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:49 pm

"eng:off;fre:eng;*|d”
English Audio: Turn subs off; French Audio: English subs; Any other audio: try to find subtitles flagged “default”.

^^ from that page

So I changed it to~

pan:off;hin:off;*|d

Usually english is set as default subs.. so my purpose is solved for now.

honey01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum