is there a way to cycle thru subtitles by remote?

2 posters

Go down

is there a way to cycle thru subtitles by remote?  Empty is there a way to cycle thru subtitles by remote?

Post by phone guy Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:09 am

Have many files with built-in subs and external subtitles, sometimes the files will have both. Is there a way to switch between them using my media center remote?

I run windows 10 with wmc, and play a lot of files in mpc-hc if there in 4k or hdr. Currently my only solution is to do it using the keyboard and mouse. Is there a way to set a hot key to simply switch available subtitles.

Many times if the file has built-in encoded subs they are usually correct and in-sync, and the enternal subs are often out of sync, so a way to switch between built-in subs and external subs would be perfect. And it would try to play internal subtitles first (which are usually correct) and only if I choose to play the external subs (those are sometimes out of sync) the external subs are automatically downloaded using emby which manages my video media.

Any assistance would be helpful

phone guy

Back to top Go down

is there a way to cycle thru subtitles by remote?  Empty Re: is there a way to cycle thru subtitles by remote?

Post by Admin Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:20 am

You can press S to cycle through subs. I can't help you with remotes.

MPC-HC has its own subtitle download option that you can use. That should give better subs and it also only downloads when there are no internal subs available.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum