MPC-HC video rewind slider problem

2 posters

Go down

MPC-HC video rewind slider problem Empty MPC-HC video rewind slider problem

Post by Disaster Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:09 am

Hi, i have been using MPC-HC player for a long time to view the HLS stream, video .ts files and constantly encounter the problem of freezing, disappearing and other glitches of the line with the slider - rewinding the video. I ask you to solve this problem in the next releases as soon as possible, because this is very annoying with video playing.

Thanks for your work!

Disaster

Back to top Go down

MPC-HC video rewind slider problem Empty Re: MPC-HC video rewind slider problem

Post by Admin Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:32 pm

The TS file format does not contain a seek index. So seeking through the file using the slider is slow. I can not fix that. It is simply a limitation of the file format. If you want better responsiveness when seeking, you should remux the .ts file into a .mkv file. You can do that with the free MkvToolNix application.

For HLS stream you need to an example stream link that gives trouble.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Disaster Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:56 pm

Admin wrote:The TS file format does not contain a seek index. So seeking through the file using the slider is slow. I can not fix that. It is simply a limitation of the file format. If you want better responsiveness when seeking, you should remux the .ts file into a .mkv file. You can do that with the free MkvToolNix application.

For HLS stream you need to an example stream link that gives trouble.

I will describe in more detail the problem when viewing any HLS video stream or downloaded TS. I usually start watching HLS stream online in MPC-HC player via streamlink. I open the video in full screen - this is important (this bug can only be observed when playing the video in full screen) and start scrolling the video rewind slider. As a result of these actions, the video starts to flicker, disappear and appear, and with it the slider-rewind panel starts to glitch, hover over it with the mouse and move it back and forth. I have different computers everywhere the same thing. I specially download for test one ts file and check it in VLC - no problem, but in MPC-HC have this bug(

p.s. you may try any HLS stream from this movies website: hdrezka.website

Disaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:38 pm

Do you have a torrent link for a TS file that gives problems?

I suggest you click on the slider instead of scrolling it. Scrolling will generate many seek actions and that doesn't work well with online stream.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Disaster Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:04 pm

Admin wrote:Do you have a torrent link for a TS file that gives problems?

I suggest you click on the slider instead of scrolling it. Scrolling will generate many seek actions and that doesn't work well with online stream.

https://meteor.stream.voidboost.cc/9/8/3/9/0/82dc10e6240b1894bfb9e1c17c07e9cd:2022062815:b0kzYVdXbUd1NWNOMjcwY3QrUW1hc2dTeWV0SndjdFpwK2VLNzBha0M5cmlxTjZCazFOaVJSMXlicmxSbVhWVVk1N3V6cW41cUdJQjNqUzRrRkZISEJBVlFjWTQ0Wll5eERHb0ZUcHpzOGM9/6bmcw.mp4:hls:manifest.m3u8

i don't know about long live this link Smile

Disaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:36 pm

Seeking online stream is slow and depend on speed of the hosting server and Internet. I can NOT fix that. It is NOT a bug in the player.

That link works "normal" for me. If you want better behavior, then click, wait until seek has completed, then click again. You are too impatient.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum