Hidden Audio-track inside 264-file

2 posters

Go down

Hidden Audio-track inside 264-file  Empty Hidden Audio-track inside 264-file

Post by captainks Wed May 25, 2022 8:23 am

I’m not a codec-newbie, but I’m far from experienced.  Wink

I have several Anran security cameras that record videos in H.264.  My video-editing software (FilmForth) cannot input .264 files so I wish to convert them to AVI/MP4/etc for editing.  But NO converter, apart from the manufacturer’s, has been able to find the audio-track embedded inside and… the manufacturer’s application is “paaainful” to use.

Plus, the manufacturer hasn’t been able to provide details about the codecs/settings that their painful app uses for the audio.   Mad

I have experimented with batch-converters like Prism, HandBrake, VidCoder, and WinX HD.  In each, I have experimented with Dozens of different codecs/settings.  But I have had ZERO success in converting and outputting a file with audio.

REQUEST/PLEADING
I’m attaching two videos (original + the manufacturer’s conversion)…of a cat getting sprayed by a motion-sensing sprinkler (hehe...long story).  From these, can anyone determine how the manufacturer’s app is converting the camera's 264-files and... if so, can you provide steps as to how I might replicate this with other converters?

ATTACHMENT DETAILS
1) Original .264-file from the camera.    [DROPBOX LINK]
    DETAILS
         Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1920x1080 12.5fps [V: h264 high L4.0, yuv420p, 1920x1080]
         Audio:  NONE
    NOTES
         -- Sound can be heard when played in the manufacturer’s video-player.
         -- Sound cannot be heard in any other players (Windows Media Player, etc).

2) “Manufacturer-converted” AVI-file.    [DROPBOX LINK]
    DETAILS
         Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1920x1080 12.5fps 919kbps [V: h264 high L4.0, yuv420p, 1920x1080, 919 kb/s]
         Audio: aLaw 8000Hz mono 64kbps [A: pcm_alaw, 8000 Hz, 1 channel, s16, 64 kb/s]

3) Log-output from the Codec Tweak Tool for my system.   [DROPBOX LINK]

MANY THANKS in advance for any help in this!  
Shout with any questions or if you need further information for this.

Kurt
captainks
captainks

Back to top Go down

Hidden Audio-track inside 264-file  Empty Re: Hidden Audio-track inside 264-file

Post by Admin Wed May 25, 2022 3:08 pm

I can't help you. They obviously use a non-standard method of embedding audio.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Hidden Audio-track inside 264-file  Empty Re: Hidden Audio-track inside 264-file

Post by captainks Wed May 25, 2022 4:42 pm

Ah, I was afraid of that.

Any idea why someone would use a standard-codec for VIDEO, but... not for Audio?

The cameras are from China. Might they just "happen to be using a code that is semi-standard, there".... but just unpublished outside of China?

DUMB QUESTIONS (warning)
1) Is this strange or... seen fairly often in codec camps?
2) Should I look anywhere else for help or... is this likely a solid dead-end?

Thanks again!! Very Happy
Kurt
captainks
captainks

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed May 25, 2022 8:01 pm

It is common for cheap Chinese cams to to this. Some info here:
https://www.spitzner.org/kkmoon.html
https://code.videolan.org/videolan/vlc/-/issues/22935

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by captainks Thu May 26, 2022 3:42 am

Wow (after reading these in detail).  But.. how am I not surprised? Wink

Great links!  There's some details there... and possible solutions which I'll definitely absorb shortly.

Many thanks for all of this!! Very Happy
captainks
captainks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum