I used the mega codec pack to listen to music and i immediately uninstalled any other music management software

2 posters

Go down

I used the mega codec pack to listen to music and i immediately uninstalled any other music management software Empty I used the mega codec pack to listen to music and i immediately uninstalled any other music management software

Post by Annoyimous Tue May 17, 2022 10:35 am

As the title says, i used the mega codec pack to listen to some audio tracks and i was overwhelmed that i actually noticed it sounded different than the other music player that i had at the moment (aimp), so i just decided not to use anything else but MPC!

The thing is, and the reason for my post... MPC is not good at handling music, at least at a glance like the other music players do, like winamp or aimp. And i mean just basic stuff, nothing fancy or overly complicated, i just want being able to use the playback keys of the keyboard, anything else would be a plus.
Is there a way to set up MPC to behave more like these kinds of music players? like setting i am missing or an addon i can install?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Annoyimous

Back to top Go down

I used the mega codec pack to listen to music and i immediately uninstalled any other music management software Empty Re: I used the mega codec pack to listen to music and i immediately uninstalled any other music management software

Post by Admin Tue May 17, 2022 6:49 pm

MPC-HC options > Advanced > UseSMTC

Then player can be controlled through the volume icon of Windows 10/11. Should also work with your keyboard buttons.

Otherwise you can also use:
Options > Player > Keys > Global Media Keys

Note: Windows may sometimes play/pause by itself when that is enabled. That is no a bug in the player, but bug in Windows.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

I used the mega codec pack to listen to music and i immediately uninstalled any other music management software Empty Re: I used the mega codec pack to listen to music and i immediately uninstalled any other music management software

Post by Annoyimous Wed May 18, 2022 1:22 am

Admin wrote:MPC-HC options > Advanced > UseSMTC

That worked!
I had tried the other option and had no luck though.

Thank you very much for your help!
I am probably having some wishful thinking, but it would be nice if the audio management capabilities of the MPC would get expanded over time.

Keep it up with such great work, i appreciate it =)

Annoyimous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed May 18, 2022 2:37 pm

It already has many features that you may not know about yet.

No new functionality will be added.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum