WMP Tag Plus window intercepted opening after updating K-Lite Codec Pack Basic

3 posters

Go down

WMP Tag Plus window intercepted opening after updating K-Lite Codec Pack Basic Empty WMP Tag Plus window intercepted opening after updating K-Lite Codec Pack Basic

Post by peterpr Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:38 am

WMP: 12
K-Lite Codec Pack Basic 16.8.0
Shortly (not immediately) an error appeared "One of the core components of WMP Tag Plus is missing or failed to load properly. Please try reinstalling WMP Tag Plus or contact the author if the problem persists."
On clicking OK a window called WMP Tag Plus appeared as if wanting some changes. Are there changes to be made or how do I reinstall it - if so does it affect K-Lite?

peterpr

Back to top Go down

WMP Tag Plus window intercepted opening after updating K-Lite Codec Pack Basic Empty Re: WMP Tag Plus window intercepted opening after updating K-Lite Codec Pack Basic

Post by peterpr Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:55 pm

Update: On trying to play from a file I get the error message: "Server execution failed".
I have also a newer PC on Windows version 21H2 on which I loaded the same K-Lite pack; it does not have the problems.

peterpr

Back to top Go down

WMP Tag Plus window intercepted opening after updating K-Lite Codec Pack Basic Empty Re: WMP Tag Plus window intercepted opening after updating K-Lite Codec Pack Basic

Post by Admin Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:49 pm

Did you enable the option in the installer to use 64-bit WMP?

That might break WMP Tag Plus functionality, as that probably expects 32-bit WMP.

You can switch back to 32-bit player here:
Codec Tweak Tool > Various Tweaks

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpr Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:17 pm

Thanks for suggestion. After unticking the 64-bit box I restarted WMP twice. Two out of three errors cleared.
The first of the error messages still appeared but no Tag Plus window nor "Server execution failed" message. I can now play a file.

peterpr

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:59 pm

Which error remains?

Make sure to use latest version, it fixes one of your errors:
https://bmproductions.fixnum.org/wmptagplus/history.htm

It needs to be updated after each big Windows feature update.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpr Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:41 pm

K-Lite version installed was 16.8.0 Basic.
The remaining message is "One of the core components of WMP Tag Plus is missing or failed to load properly. Please try reinstalling WMP Tag Plus or contact the author if the problem persists." This is now not accompanied by the WMP Tag Plus window. This message only appeared after updating the codec pack. Previous version was 16.6.5.
I have not observed any problem after acknowledging the message, but there may be one to show up later. I did add ogg to the list of codecs as I saw some when my phone was connected. They didn't play.

There has been some corruption of the library for some time which I have been attempting to correct (supplied command didn't work).

peterpr

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:52 pm

I just installed the latest version of WMP Tag Plus, and I get no errors at all. You probably have an old version.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpr Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:03 am

K-Lite Codec Pack is dated January 30th, downloaded February 2nd. But how do I download WMP Tag Plus?

peterpr

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpr Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:08 pm

When I read the description I was expecting this to be the solution but there was a problem.
Your first response was that I should not have 64-bit WMP ticked but the Tag Plus installation gave the installed folder as Program Files (x86) which is in conflict with this. No option was given to change it.

peterpr

Back to top Go down

Post by ale5000 Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:16 pm

peterpr wrote:When I read the description I was expecting this to be the solution but there was a problem.
Your first response was that I should not have 64-bit WMP ticked but the Tag Plus installation gave the installed folder as Program Files (x86) which is in conflict with this. No option was given to change it.
Perhaps you misunderstood Windows:
- Program Files (x86) => 32 bit
- Program Files => 64 bit

ale5000

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpr Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:39 pm

I must have had the wrong idea. However WMP is in both folders, same date. The architecture is marked X86. K-Lite Codec Pack is not listed as a plug in. It and WMP Tag Plus are in Program Files (x86) only. When I turn option WMP Tag Plus on (in WMP) I get the error message; when I turn it off I don't get the message. This leaves me wondering what it achieved as the messages have gone away when it is installed but deactivated.
I have some library corruption which wasn't cleared by a rebuild. Some songs did not display a length in WMP, now they do. That, I read, was one thing that would be corrected.
I have not found how to get to the WMP Tag Plus window which appeared at the start of the problem.

peterpr

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:02 pm

Windows contains both a 32-bit and a 64-bit version of WMP. The 32-bit version is used by default. The pack offers an option to make the 64-bit version default.

WMP Tag Plus is a 32-bit plugin and thus only works with the 32-bit version of WMP. It does not matter in which folder you install it. Just use its default location.

What I told you is to switch back to 32-bit WMP. That is the only thing you needed to do. Plus of course updating WMP Tag Plus to its latest version.

Codecs are not listed as plugins.

Here are instructions on how to reset the library:
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-clear-reset-or-delete-windows-media-library-wmdb-files

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpr Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:05 pm

It appears I had an older version in my Installations folder which I accidentally clicked. No error message now. Thanks for prompting me to check.
As the music files have lost some tags I don't know where they can be recovered from except from my CDs and other records as many are not in the public domain. Maybe WMP Tag Plus will fill in details which are in the files but not in WMP.
The last time I accidentally downloaded data from the Internet it messed up completely by identifying other artists with non similar names then changing files without asking. I'll update as much as I can, back it up, then try your suggestion.
In case I need to get at the WMP Tag Plus control window which had appeared at the start, how do I do it?.

peterpr

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:58 pm

WMP Menu > Tools > Options > Plugins > Background > WMP Tag Plus

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpr Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:37 pm

AH yes, one more click > Properties.
Thanks

peterpr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum