Is it possible to trigger only and automatically the update of the MPC-HC player within the K-lite Mega pack?

2 posters

Go down

Is it possible to trigger only and automatically the update of the MPC-HC player within the K-lite Mega pack? Empty Is it possible to trigger only and automatically the update of the MPC-HC player within the K-lite Mega pack?

Post by GBoucher Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:12 pm

Hi, i'm trying to figure out if it's possible to only trigger and update of the MPC-HC in an installation of the K-Lite Codec Mega pack ? We are deploying on multiple computers the K-Lite Codec Mega pack and sometimes it would be useful to be able to trigger an update of the MPC-HC player without having to also update the K-Lite Codec pack. Is it possible. By the way, why is the MPC-HC, that is deployed with the K-Lite Codec pack, install in the same folder as the K-Lite Codec pack? When we download the MPC-HC player x64 version on it's own, it install under "C:\Program File". But the K-lite codec pack install under "C:\Program Files (x86)". Just curious on that part.

Thanks in advance for the help!

GBoucher

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to trigger only and automatically the update of the MPC-HC player within the K-lite Mega pack? Empty Re: Is it possible to trigger only and automatically the update of the MPC-HC player within the K-lite Mega pack?

Post by Admin Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:54 pm

It is placed inside the K-Lite folder because it is part of the pack. Scattering stuff all around is stupid and messy.

It is not possible to update only parts of the pack. Why is that a problem anyway?

You can run the installer with parameters "/verysilent /norestart" to quickly update without requiring any user interaction.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to trigger only and automatically the update of the MPC-HC player within the K-lite Mega pack? Empty Re: Is it possible to trigger only and automatically the update of the MPC-HC player within the K-lite Mega pack?

Post by GBoucher Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:05 pm

Hi Admin, yes, I’m already deploying the K-Lite Codec pack on the computers. That's working fine. Thanks The situation is that sometimes it seems that new version of the MPC-HC player seems to be available before the K-Lite Codec pack gets update too with the new version. I may be mistaking. Again, it's not a problem! It's a simple question. Everything works fine. I was just curious on how to launch the update of the MPC-HC player, if that is even possible, without having to update the rest. I understand, by the way, that the current MPC-HC player has been tested with the current K-Lite Codec pack. That's why it's included in the K-Lite codec pack folder. I'm not stupid. Just wanted to know if it was possible. Sorry for the stupid question.

Have a good day!

GBoucher

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:47 pm

K-Lite is always up-to-date with latest MPC-HC.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GBoucher Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:11 pm

Thanks for the information. Smile

GBoucher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum