Windows Spatial Sound (Dolby Atmos for Headphones/DTS Headphone:X) support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X content

2 posters

Go down

Windows Spatial Sound (Dolby Atmos for Headphones/DTS Headphone:X) support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X content Empty Windows Spatial Sound (Dolby Atmos for Headphones/DTS Headphone:X) support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X content

Post by Hydra Spectre Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:25 pm

Is it even possible with K-Lite Codec Pack?
I really hope this gets implemented since using the Films & TV app isn't that good with CinemaScope HDR content because the letterboxes are grey rather than blue, and I prefer madVR for HDR films but I also want that sweet Dolby Atmos for Headphones and DTS Headphone:X audio.

Hydra Spectre

Back to top Go down

Windows Spatial Sound (Dolby Atmos for Headphones/DTS Headphone:X) support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X content Empty Re: Windows Spatial Sound (Dolby Atmos for Headphones/DTS Headphone:X) support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X content

Post by Admin Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:35 am

You can enable audio bitstreaming in the audio decoder settings.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Windows Spatial Sound (Dolby Atmos for Headphones/DTS Headphone:X) support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X content Empty Re: Windows Spatial Sound (Dolby Atmos for Headphones/DTS Headphone:X) support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X content

Post by Hydra Spectre Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:37 am

Admin wrote:You can enable audio bitstreaming in the audio decoder settings.
If I turn on audio bitstreaming for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X audio tracks, will my PC decode the audio with Windows Spatial Sound?
Does it really work that way?

Hydra Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:05 am

Normally bitstreaming is used for sending the compressed audio to a receiver device which then will do the decoding.

I don't know exactly how the Dobly Atmos plugin for Windows 10 works. If it acts as a virtual receiver, then it would assume it will do the decoding.

If it doesn't work with bitstreaming, then you are out of luck, because the audio decoder does not support decoding of Atmos extension. It can only do bitstreaming.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum