Stutter while playing videos. Solution: please add the option to enable V-sync to MPC Video Renderer or if possible to madVR as well

2 posters

Go down

Stutter while playing videos. Solution: please add the option to enable V-sync to MPC Video Renderer or if possible to madVR as well Empty Stutter while playing videos. Solution: please add the option to enable V-sync to MPC Video Renderer or if possible to madVR as well

Post by ahmadmob Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:37 pm

Hello,

Since few months I notice stuttering every like 5-10 seconds while watching a movie and something smooth is playing, today I tried to force V-sync on MPC HC with the Nvidia control panel and the problem is completely fixed. Can you please add the V-sync option on those renderers? It's grayed out and can't be turned on, only with something like EVR (CP) it can be turned on but I would like to use madVR or MPC Video Renderer. BTW I noticed the stuttering is more noticeable with madVR but can still be present with MPC Video Renderer but not as much.

Win 10 64bit 20H2 v.2009
K-Lite Mega 16.0.5
RTX 3090
i9 9900k

Thanks!

ahmadmob

Back to top Go down

Stutter while playing videos. Solution: please add the option to enable V-sync to MPC Video Renderer or if possible to madVR as well Empty Re: Stutter while playing videos. Solution: please add the option to enable V-sync to MPC Video Renderer or if possible to madVR as well

Post by Admin Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:20 pm

The VSync option for EVR-CP is a custom implementation. We can't add that to other renderers. They would need to implement something similar themselves. The standard VSync functionality is something you need to enable in the driver settings. Or better yet, NVIDIA should fix the standard settings profile of MPC-HC.

You should set "frames to present in advance" to 1 in madVR settings. That helps with stuttering issues on RTX 2xxx and 3xxx cards.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Stutter while playing videos. Solution: please add the option to enable V-sync to MPC Video Renderer or if possible to madVR as well Empty Re: Stutter while playing videos. Solution: please add the option to enable V-sync to MPC Video Renderer or if possible to madVR as well

Post by ahmadmob Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:06 pm

Thank you Admin. Setting the "frames to present in advance" option to 1 completely eliminates the stuttering but brings screen tearing if VSync in NCP is off. So I set it to 1 and turned VSync to on, now everything is super smooth. Very Happy

ahmadmob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum