K-Lite Codec Pack 15.9.4 Mega+HEVC+MPC Color Controls+madVR = no color controls

3 posters

Go down

K-Lite Codec Pack 15.9.4 Mega+HEVC+MPC Color Controls+madVR = no color controls Empty K-Lite Codec Pack 15.9.4 Mega+HEVC+MPC Color Controls+madVR = no color controls

Post by frickler Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:27 pm

hi there,
using current K-Lite Codec Pack MPC with madVR for HEVC 2160p Video the Color Controls are not working. No Problems playing AVC 720p.
This is not a specific Problem of MPC only, since it also appears with VLC and Pot Player. Guess there is some Stream Protection happening since the Content is HDR. The Video shows too dark, Brightness Control is needed.

Format profile              : Main 10@L5.1@High
HDR format                  : SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
Codec ID                    : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC

Options->Playback->Output->madVR is set for DirectShow Video
Options->Miscellaneous->Color Controls 2160p-not working/720p working

Format profile              : Main 10@L5.1@High
HDR format                  : SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
Codec ID                    : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD Ryzen 5 3500U + Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics
Radeon 20.9.1
LG Ultra UHD LG 32UK550-B (LG HDR 4K(HDMI))
Win 10 Pro 1909
current K-Lite Mega Codec Pack
MPC/VLC/PotPlayer

frickler

Back to top Go down

K-Lite Codec Pack 15.9.4 Mega+HEVC+MPC Color Controls+madVR = no color controls Empty Re: K-Lite Codec Pack 15.9.4 Mega+HEVC+MPC Color Controls+madVR = no color controls

Post by Admin Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:00 pm

It if does not work it is the driver's fault. It may be possible that it intentionally disabled it when outputting HDR.

You could try letting madVR do the tonemapping instead of the TV.

madVR settings > devices > HDR > tonemap using pixelshaders
and the adjust "target peak nits" value. Lower value should give brighter picture. For example try 150. If even 100 is not bright enough, then something else may be wrong. In that case press Ctrl+J to view madVR statistics overlay and check if it gets proper HDR metadata.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

K-Lite Codec Pack 15.9.4 Mega+HEVC+MPC Color Controls+madVR = no color controls Empty Re: K-Lite Codec Pack 15.9.4 Mega+HEVC+MPC Color Controls+madVR = no color controls

Post by frickler Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:49 pm

i played a bit with madVR doing the tonemapping. no change at all. statistics:

K-Lite Codec Pack 15.9.4 Mega+HEVC+MPC Color Controls+madVR = no color controls 2020-110

madVR settings:

K-Lite Codec Pack 15.9.4 Mega+HEVC+MPC Color Controls+madVR = no color controls 2020-111

frickler

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:24 pm

I just tried on my system (with NVIDIA GPU) and here it also doesn't work with madVR for HDR video. Also not even with madVR's internal brightness shortcut set. So it might be a bug in madVR.

It does work here with "MPC Video Renderer".

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by frickler Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:37 am

here none of the renderers available do it.

frickler

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:04 pm

Make sure that all color control related options in the AMD driver settings are disabled. Because if any of those are enabled, it will ignore the settings from the player/renderer.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by frickler Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:45 pm

as far as i can imagine now everything related is disabled. no change.

frickler

Back to top Go down

Post by frickler Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:52 pm

i even disabled every single option in the driver, rebooted and checked other renderers again. no change

frickler

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:02 pm

I don't have a solution for you. I can only suggest to try different driver versions.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Acba Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:00 am

I was having a similar problem.
MadVr color controls worked fine on my most recent travel videos (h264 progressive, recorded in Panasonic cameras), but did not work in the older ones (some were h264 interlaced, recorded in a Canon camcorder, and some were with dv/dvsd codec, recorded in older camcorders).
The problem was that, in my NVidea control panel, in "adjust video color configuration", my second monitor (the one I used to play the videos) was set to "with NVidea's configuration". And this was not obvious, as, when I opened the corresponding panel in Nvidea Control Panel, it by default showed the configurations for monitor 1, which were ok.  Had to click on the second monitor to see its configurations and see it was set to use Nvidea's configurations. After I changed the settings (to "with the video player configurations", MadVR color controls begun working fine in all my travel videos.

Acba

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:44 pm

Yes, colors must be application controlled in GPU settings. This setting is the first that should be checked.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum