Playback errors with MPC

2 posters

Go down

Playback errors with MPC Empty Playback errors with MPC

Post by Heatth Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:09 pm

I am having a series of playback errors while using Media Player Classic and I am running out of ideas about how to fix them.

I am on Windows 10, I have an AMD Radeon Vega 8 and installed the Mega K-Lite Codec Pack with update (was previously on Full, but tried upgrading to Mega to see if it worked)

Some times the video stutter and jump ahead by a couple of seconds. Other times it just completely freezes and resets the video itself. Sometimes the image tears in half in an horizontal line (this also usually happens when it freezes). These all seem to always happen at the exact same time with no randomness. If I skip past the point the video was supposed to freeze it works as normal. The audio doesn't seem to have any issues, unless the video jumps ahead, then the audio jumps too.

I already tried updating drivers, disabling Enhanced Sync and FreeSync, messed around with the output options. Even trying switching to Windows Media Player. No difference as far I could see. I haven't seen any spike in the CPU usage so I didn't bother trying to lower it.

For context, everything used to work fine in this exact PC set up. My HDD died and I replaced with an SSD + HDD, but now I am getting these errors.

Any suggestions of what I should try next?

Heatth

Back to top Go down

Playback errors with MPC Empty Re: Playback errors with MPC

Post by Admin Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:06 pm

Try with hardware decoding disabled in LAV Video Decoder settings.

Do I understand correctly that the problem occurs at specific times in a video, and it is reproducible? Does it happen only with specific video formats? Does it also happen if you disable subtitles?

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatth Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:26 pm

Sorry, I don't know how to disable hardware decoding. How do I access LAV Video Decoder settings.

Yes, it is in specific times and it is reproducible. Not sure about video formats, as all files I tried were .mkv. I did change them to .video when I tested on Windows Media Player, and it didn't work. Subtitles were disabled.

Heatth

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:34 pm

Do this during playback:
MPC-HC menu > Play > Filters > LAV Video > set "hardware decoder" to "none"

Could you give me a link to one of those .mkv files so that I can download it? And tell me at which time(s) it freezes. Then I can test it here, to check if there is a problem with the file.

Do you have any screen recording or screen sharing software like Discord active during playback? If you use Discord, then do this:
Discord settings > Voice & Video > disable "Use our latest technology to capture your screen"

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum