Error 2 when installing K-Lite Codec Basic

2 posters

Go down

Error 2 when installing K-Lite Codec Basic Empty Error 2 when installing K-Lite Codec Basic

Post by Socz Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:37 am

I get the following error when I install your program:

"Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted.
Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified."

The file was d/l to my Download folder.

What to do?

Thanks

Socz

Back to top Go down

Error 2 when installing K-Lite Codec Basic Empty Re: Error 2 when installing K-Lite Codec Basic

Post by Admin Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:25 pm

Your virus scanner might be blocking it. Disable it temporarily. I hate it when scanners black things without notifications.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Error 2 when installing K-Lite Codec Basic Empty Follow-Up on Error 2

Post by Socz Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:56 pm

Thank you for replying to the Error2. You were correct about the AntiVirus interference. Unfortunately, when I started trying to solve my DVD "no play" problem, I ran into problem after problem.  I succesfully installed the K-Lite with the only option to use 64-bit. The rest of my options were all default. The next problem I have is this error ...

"This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page."

I installed previous to installing K-Lite about 3 media apps. I did apply media player to DVD video. Not one of them worked. Now what do I do?  I guess I was expecting to install K-Lite and VOILA - working DVD player. I am a total amateur at this Codec thing.  If you can get me through all these problems I would very much appreciate it.  I can't remember when watching a DVD movie on a pc would be so horrendous for an individual to do.

Socz

Back to top Go down

Error 2 when installing K-Lite Codec Basic Empty Re: Error 2 when installing K-Lite Codec Basic

Post by Admin Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:43 pm

Windows Media Player is not capable of playing DVDs on Windows 10. Microsoft has disabled that functionality in the player.

Use the Standard version of K-Lite. That included a player (Media Player Classic) which is capable of DVD playback.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum