[Feature Request] Add bitness depth in fullscreen resolutions

2 posters

Go down

[Feature Request] Add bitness depth in fullscreen resolutions Empty [Feature Request] Add bitness depth in fullscreen resolutions

Post by mooms Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:30 pm

Hi,
First, thank you for KLCP, I'm a long-time user, since the day of Quicklime and Real Alternative !

I have a request: can you add the choice of bit-ness depth in the fullscreen resolutions configuration of MPC-HC ? I use 2560x1440 8 bits RVB @120Hz on desktop and switch to 3840x2160 on fullscreen video playback (see the image below).

Currently MPC-HC switches to 8 bits RVB, I would like to switch to 10 bits YUV 4:2:2 (as you're surely aware, 2160p/10 bits/RVB or YUV 4:4:4 is not possible with current graphic cards because of HDMI 2.0b bandwidth limitation) for maximum PQ of UHD/HDR content.

Do you think it would be possible ?

Thank you, have a nice day.

[Feature Request] Add bitness depth in fullscreen resolutions 6K50j4o

mooms

Back to top Go down

[Feature Request] Add bitness depth in fullscreen resolutions Empty Re: [Feature Request] Add bitness depth in fullscreen resolutions

Post by Admin Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:18 pm

It should switch to the resolution as it is defined in the Windows display settings. If that doesn't work correctly, then it must be a driver problem.

You could try letting madVR change the resolution instead of MPC-HC.

Also, 10-bit does not necessarily give you best quality. Many monitor/TV panels use 8bit or even less internally. In some cases 8-bit RGB output can give better results.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

[Feature Request] Add bitness depth in fullscreen resolutions Empty Re: [Feature Request] Add bitness depth in fullscreen resolutions

Post by mooms Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:15 pm

My TV is a LG B9, a 2019 OLED panel, internally in 10 bits, it supports HDMI 2.1, 2160p @ 120Hz @ 10 bits @ 4:4:4 (but there is not any graphic card that support HDMi 2.1 on the market for now, bummer).

I've found a workaround: if I set 10/12 bits at this refresh rate in Nvidia CP, MPC-HC will switches in this bit depth.

I don't use madVR for changing the resolution/refresh rate because it don't allow to set an audio delay for each one, and as you maybe ware, audio delay varies with the refresh rate.

mooms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum