Using Multiple Differerent players at the same time

2 posters

Go down

Using Multiple Differerent players at the same time Empty Using Multiple Differerent players at the same time

Post by DVB Viewer User Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:32 pm

I wonder if there is a way to do this already, or if not could this be added to MadVR.
I use DVB Viewer to record and play back TV programs on my computer. I have just added MADVR to it as the video renderer. My TV is the computer monitor.
I also use MPC-HC to view videos that I have made with my video camera.
I keep DVB Viewer running all the time as it records TV programs that I have set in the recorder and so it is always on.
I have set the setting "display modes" under Devices >"My TV" to "switch to matching display mode.." so that MPC-HC automatically changes the refresh rate and resolution of the NVidia GPU to what ever I am playing back.

The problem is that when I then exit MPC-HC, the refresh rate and resolution does not revert to the original display mode, as DVB Viewer is running in the background also using MADVR and so the computer doesn't realise I have stopped using the instance of MADVR that the MPC-HC was using. It only reverts to the original display mode when MPC-HC & DVB viewer are both closed so that MADVR is no longer running.

Is there a setting somewhere to get around this?

If not, I wonder if it would be possible for the coders to add an extra tree at the very top, like the devices tree that identifies each monitor/tv attached to the computer, but lists each program that the computer uses MADVR, so allowing each program's MADVR to be individually setup and run separately. This could then allow a player to close down and any remaining players to use MADVR as they would themselves. Hence, in my situation, exiting MPC-HC would revert the refresh rate and resolution of the NVidia GPU to the original display mode even though DVBViewer remains active using its own MADVR settings.
Or, would it be possible to run several instances of MADVR , each with its own settings.

DVB Viewer User

Back to top Go down

Using Multiple Differerent players at the same time Empty Re: Using Multiple Differerent players at the same time

Post by Admin Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:38 pm

Are you constantly playing TV with DVB Viewer? Because it should only keep madVR active if it actually playing something. Otherwise that would be a flaw.

In madVR you can adjust the settings to switch display mode when entering/exiting fullscreen instead of at player start/close. Maybe that works better in your situation.

You can find bug tracker for madVR here:
http://bugs.madshi.net/my_view_page.php

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum