TS file problem since the eternity, Will you ever fix this?

2 posters

Go down

TS file problem since the eternity, Will you ever fix this? Empty TS file problem since the eternity, Will you ever fix this?

Post by expertsource Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:24 pm

When you press left arrow(move back) to move 10 seconds back, it doesn't work (every seven out of ten attemps).
No matter how many times you press left arrow, the video doesn't move back, it instead stucks at a particular frame. In frustration, if you keep pressing left arrow, you'll get a DC-Bass music like stuck frame.

And it doesn't matter what player you use, I used gom and vlc and mpeg4 something(k-lite's), they all stuck in a TS video file if you press left arrow to move back 10 seconds.
For example, if you press left arrow 6 times to move back 60 seconds in a TS file, you'll never get there, you'll probably stuck at the first seconds.

And popularity of TS is rising, I see TS files everywhere instead of mp4 and mkv and others. I used to don't care however it's becoming to a bigger problem now.

All I want is when I press left arrow to move back 10 seconds in a TS video file, I want to move back smoothly without any lag/stucking.

Since multiple players does the same lag/bug/stucking this should be a k-lite kind of codec problem right? Will you ever fix this?

Last edited by expertsource on Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : gramer)

expertsource

Back to top Go down

TS file problem since the eternity, Will you ever fix this? Empty Re: TS file problem since the eternity, Will you ever fix this?

Post by Admin Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:13 am

The MPEG-TS container format was designed for broadcast. It does not contain an index like other video container formats. That means that it simply does not support fast seeking. That is an inherent limitation of the file format, and is not something that can be fixed.

The solution is to remux the TS file into another container format, like MKV. That is a fast process that only involves copying the audio/video data. There is no video conversion or quality loss. The resulting file will have an index and seeking will work properly.

You can do the above with MkvToolNix.
https://mkvtoolnix.download/

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

TS file problem since the eternity, Will you ever fix this? Empty Re: TS file problem since the eternity, Will you ever fix this?

Post by expertsource Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:06 pm

Thanks, it worked. The TS file turned into MKV in seconds.

expertsource

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum