MPC-HC - remove ".languagecode" from saved subtitle filenames

3 posters

Go down

MPC-HC - remove ".languagecode" from saved subtitle filenames Empty MPC-HC - remove ".languagecode" from saved subtitle filenames

Post by ALIENQuake Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:05 pm

Hi,

For each movie which I watch, each subtitle which I download, I have to save them to USB stick and put into my TV. Using "CTRL+s", I got the "Save subtitle" dialog and the subtitle filename has extra unnecessary
".languagecode" at the end of the filename. So instead of:
Blade Runner 2049.srt
i got
Blade Runner 2049.pl.srt

It forces everyone to remove those extra ".languagecode" because otherwise, TV's won't load/recognize subtitles. It is painful and completely unnecessary and if you forgot to do it, you have to go back from TV to rename it at you PC. It was terrible idea to even include them so please remove adding those extra ".<languagecode>".

ALIENQuake

Back to top Go down

MPC-HC - remove ".languagecode" from saved subtitle filenames Empty Re: MPC-HC - remove ".languagecode" from saved subtitle filenames

Post by Admin Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:44 pm

There might be an option for this in the future. But I can't promise anything.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

MPC-HC - remove ".languagecode" from saved subtitle filenames Empty Re: MPC-HC - remove ".languagecode" from saved subtitle filenames

Post by ALIENQuake Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:03 pm

Hi, thanks but it's not what I've asked. I didn't wanted option because it's additional work. My suggestion was about code removal. It's a bug in design to add extra language code. It breaks loading subtitles via TVs. I don't se any reason why 99.9999% of the people who download subtitles by using MPC are forced to rename them after. I hope that you see the annoyance and will prefer majority instead of using common phase "but some people do".

ALIENQuake

Back to top Go down

Post by notcyf Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:31 pm

The language code is added so that a supported player can recognize what language the subtitle is. Some TV's and players have the option to automatically load subtitles for selected languages. That language code is used for recognition of what language the loose subtitle file is if it's not embedded in the metadata. Most TV's handle the added language code normally, some TV's don't. One example of a player that handles these filenames well is MX Player for Android.

Most TV's should work fine with the added metadata in the filename as it's very commonly done so.

notcyf

Back to top Go down

Post by ALIENQuake Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:34 pm

Any chances for the 'advanced option'?

ALIENQuake

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:23 pm

You can submit your feature request here:
https://github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc/issues

Then it won't be forgotten.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ALIENQuake Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:32 pm

Done, thanks.

ALIENQuake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum