Invalid subititle display in some movies

2 posters

Go down

Invalid subititle display in some movies Empty Invalid subititle display in some movies

Post by Alojzy_Mordega Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:51 pm

In some movies subitiles are displayed wrong - they are rendered over video instead of render screen. Problem is that there is no rule (or i cant find it) in which movies it happens.

Valid render:
Invalid subititle display in some movies 25enEid

Invalid render:
Invalid subititle display in some movies F1si2XC

Problem occurs wheter i have ffdshow/lav decoder, madvr/EVR output, software/hardware (native) decoder. Both above samples are encoded in H264 in mkv container.

System: Windows 10 x64
Player: MPC-HC

Does anyone know what and how to change to make subtitles position on screen instead of on movie?

Alojzy_Mordega

Back to top Go down

Invalid subititle display in some movies Empty Re: Invalid subititle display in some movies

Post by Admin Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:35 pm

MPC-HC options > Subtitles > Default Style > uncheck "Position subtitles relative to subtitle frame"

Then subtitles will be rendered relative to the window/screen, ans subtitles will go into the black bars. By default this option is semi-checked, which means that simple text subtitles are rendered relative to the window, and only SSA/ASS type text subtitles are rendered relative to the video frame. The reason for that is that such subtitles sometimes need accurate positioning. For example Anime videos sometimes have things that must be rendered on top of specific locations.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Invalid subititle display in some movies Empty Re: Invalid subititle display in some movies

Post by Alojzy_Mordega Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:10 pm

Thank You very much, it's finally working as I want it. Smile

Alojzy_Mordega

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum