Strange thing about ffdshow video processor Automatic preset loading

2 posters

Go down

Strange thing about ffdshow video processor Automatic preset loading Empty Strange thing about ffdshow video processor Automatic preset loading

Post by BlueofFish Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:45 pm

Hi,

Here is my config: MPC-HC, madVR, ReClock, XySubFilter, LAV splitter and decoders, FFDShow audio & video processor.

I noticed this issue a few month ago. Before it works like it's supposed to do.
So now if I check the Automatic preset loading option in ffdshow raw video decoder the tray icon of Reclock is no longer shown. So I have to uncheck the option to see Reclock again and select the good preset everytime I play my videos... kind of boring Smile

I wonder if the problem is not related to the "Mérite" number in the external filter menu of MPC. I look for a while and tried everything I could do for solving the issue, uninstalling the codec pack, adding/removing external filters... and I don't get why this option is doing that to me.

My external filters are on "Préférer" and the Mérite number is for all of them "00200000". Shouldn't be a different number for each one?

Thanks in advance

BlueofFish

Back to top Go down

Strange thing about ffdshow video processor Automatic preset loading Empty Re: Strange thing about ffdshow video processor Automatic preset loading

Post by Admin Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:06 pm

The merit value that it displays is the original merit of the filter. When you set it as preferred, this value is ignored and it is given a super high value.

I don't think you are supposed to add ReClock as an external filters. Since it is a audio renderer, you should select it at:
options > playback > output > audio rendererer

On the same page you can also select XySubFilter.

The only filters you should have in your external filters are the ffdshow processors.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Strange thing about ffdshow video processor Automatic preset loading Empty Re: Strange thing about ffdshow video processor Automatic preset loading

Post by BlueofFish Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:44 pm

Thx for your support.

Still the same. Reclock is hidding as soon as I check the option. :/ And I noticed that Reclock is totaly removed from the filter list in MPC (right clic on screen -> filters) Gone!

BlueofFish

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:08 pm

Try latest version of ReClock (1.9.0.3 released two weeks ago).

Can you export this registry key?
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GNU\ffdshow_raw

Then I can try with the exact same presets as you

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueofFish Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:23 pm

Admin wrote:Try latest version of ReClock (1.9.0.3 released two weeks ago).

Just installed it, no improvement.

Admin wrote:Can you export this registry key?
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GNU\ffdshow_raw

Then I can try with the exact same presets as you

Sure. Here it is:
Code:
http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/EXB0YbI8/file.html

BlueofFish

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:10 pm

Tried it with your presets and it worked here. Preset 720p was selected. I only have barebone AviSynth installed without plugins, so I disabled LSFMod and Prefetch in the script.

Have you tried resetting ReClock settings to default using the button in its config tool?

Also make sure that you only use the x86 version of MPC-HC, since ReClock is available for x86 only.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueofFish Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:02 pm

Yep, I'm only using x86 version of MPC.

I did just reset the Reclock settings--nothing except MPC always crashes on video start (with the autoload option checked):

Strange thing about ffdshow video processor Automatic preset loading LvsEL5HK

BlueofFish

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:00 am

What happens if you disable AviSynth?

If you have a good GPU, then you could consider using MadVR instead of ffdshow. That have better resize quality and also offers Deband and Sharpening settings.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueofFish Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:07 am

What happens if you disable AviSynth?[/quote]

It works like a charm. Smile Thx for helping me to find this out!

Admin wrote:If you have a good GPU, then you could consider using MadVR instead of ffdshow. That have better resize quality and also offers Deband and Sharpening settings.

GTX 670. "Image downscaling" is on SSIM, 2D 100% - "Image upscaling" is on Jinc.

Do you think I'm gonna have the same result with those settings as I have with the script? The time I made this config I think I read it was better the avisynth way.

BlueofFish

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:27 pm

Yes, Jinc should give excellent quality. If your card is fast enough, also enable anti-ringing. You can see rendertimes by pressing Ctrl+Alt+J.

For downscaling you might want to choose a simpler algorithm.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueofFish Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:16 pm

Admin wrote:Yes, Jinc should give excellent quality. If your card is fast enough, also enable anti-ringing. You can see rendertimes by pressing Ctrl+Alt+J.

For downscaling you might want to choose a simpler algorithm.

Very nice. Thx again.

BlueofFish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum