How to enable hardware acceleration to best image and sound quality

2 posters

Go down

How to enable hardware acceleration to best image and sound quality Empty How to enable hardware acceleration to best image and sound quality

Post by pitocoalado Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:22 am

Hello, I'm a big fan on series and movies but i don't know much about configurating MPC-HC and i couldn't find how to configure it to use hardware acceleration and have a better image and sound quality. Can someone explain to me what settings I need to use when installing and configurations to do to enable hardware acceleration and how to get the best image quality?

Here are my PC specs:

CPU: AMD FX 4300 3.8ghz
RAM: Kingston HyperX BLU 4G 1600Mhz
GPU: NVidia Geforce GTX 750ti 2048mb

Thanks in advance.

pitocoalado

Back to top Go down

How to enable hardware acceleration to best image and sound quality Empty Re: How to enable hardware acceleration to best image and sound quality

Post by Admin Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:50 pm

Hardware acceleration does not have any effect on video quality. All it does is move workload from the CPU to the GPU. Video decoding quality is already optimal at default settings.

The only settings that have a beneficial effect on video quality are those related to video resizing. You can make this change:
MPC-HC options > Playback > Output > Resizer > Bicubic
There are three choices with small difference in sharpness. Compare them and pick the one you like best (if you can even see difference) or just pick the middle one.

Even better quality is possible when selecting MadVR as video renderer. However, that requires a (more) powerful graphics card. It is also complex to use due to its large amount of settings. So this is more something for experienced users.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

How to enable hardware acceleration to best image and sound quality Empty Re: How to enable hardware acceleration to best image and sound quality

Post by pitocoalado Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:13 am

Thankyou very much!

pitocoalado

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum