K-lite Codec and LAV - No sound at all

2 posters

Go down

K-lite Codec and LAV - No sound at all Empty K-lite Codec and LAV - No sound at all

Post by Methropoly Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:28 pm

Today I was using my pc. Suddenly, while opening a video on youtube (Chrome), i notice it had no sound. I tried every other software and found out my computer had no sound at all. Nothing. Media player, audio softwares I use for work... no sound.

I noticed something called LAV was running hidden in my taskbar. Two LAVs... i dont remember. Never seem those before. I tried to disable those, but had no option at all. I found out those were related to K-Lite. So i uninstalled K-lite. LAVs disappeared. But still no sound at all.

The sound meter at the playback devices in windows shows sound is playing, but I get nothing through my sound card.

I use:
Windows 7
M-Audio Fast Track Pro

Please, can someone help me?

Methropoly

Back to top Go down

K-lite Codec and LAV - No sound at all Empty Re: K-lite Codec and LAV - No sound at all

Post by Admin Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:52 am

Re-install your audio driver.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

K-lite Codec and LAV - No sound at all Empty Re: K-lite Codec and LAV - No sound at all

Post by Methropoly Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:52 pm

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

I already did.

I actually tried a bunch of different drivers for my audio interface provided by the manufacturer (even he latest one, and the one that was actually working before). Sometimes I get the sound back but not in my DAW (I use Cubase).

I reinstalled drivers and tried every option regarding to control panel and audio settings. Oh, and sometimes if I change tabs in Chrome or scroll a video to a different point, the audio stops.
(that's happening after reinstalling the drivers, and I still wasn't able to get any sound from Cubase)

Methropoly

Back to top Go down

Post by Methropoly Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:56 pm

Oh, a quick info:

I tried to install a default driver by Windows.
I can hear sound playing back from Cubase, but i cannot record.

Everything is so weird... Sound was ok... and suddenly audio stops and dont come back properly no matter what I try.

Methropoly

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:33 am

If sound works again after a reboot, then this might also work:
Start > Run > Services.msc
Then restart 'Windows Audio"

A setting that I suggest changing:
Windows Control Panel > Sounds > Playback > Speakers > Properties > Enhancements > Disable all sound effects

I don't know much about Cubase. But I found this:
https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/there-is-no-audio-input-signal-for-recording.html

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum